It's Beautiful....It's Navarre Beach

Discussion of Gulf Oil Spill regarding Navarre Beach, Florida; the good, bad and ugly reports; however most of the reports of oil on Navarre Beach are good!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:04 pm

Arrived today in God's country! It is stunningly beautiful and we are looking forward to a wonderful week. Come on down!
patticaryl

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:52 am

I am so jealous, PensacolaKid! Have a great time and save some of that paradise for us in July!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:05 am

It was great seeing you yesterday pensacolakid. I’m sure you and your family will have a blessed vacation at the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome back to Paradise!

I’m looking forward to meeting you and the guys at the Navarre Beach Fishing Pier on Monday morning about 4:30am. I’ll bring my camera to capture the action of the biggest fish caught on the Pier. I want to see your rod bent double the whole time I’m there.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
dolfnfan
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:24 am

P'Kid, are you gonna be at the pier at any point today (Saturday)?
Sleep late, drive fast and don't take anything seriously...
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:48 am

pensacolakid wrote:Arrived today in God's country! It is stunningly beautiful and we are looking forward to a wonderful week. Come on down!
Welcome back, P'kid and family! Have a WONDERFUL time!

Blessings,
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Shell Seeker

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:29 am

Have a great week.
Im glad the beach is good.
Im continually praying for the situation for all involved.
We would have been arriving the 19th but made the decision to cancel for which I feel sad for.
It looks like it would have been ok.
I had 5 other people to please though and one with ashtma.
Hoping hilton Head will be fun but I will be back to Navarre!!
Hopefully next year.
patticaryl

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:41 pm

How's your trip going, PensacolaKid? Hope you can tear yourself away from that beautiful beach long enough to give us an update. How's the June grass? The weather? Feeling sure you can give some honest updates that we can all rely on in our decisions on our Navarre trip.
Navarrian
Power User
Power User

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:14 pm

The weather is clear and hot...95 degrees with heat index of 105.The June grass is in full bloom , but honestly the biting flies won't let you sit for two minutes, and the beach is in need of help. But that is life on the Gulf. Erie because we normally get these conditions in September!!!! Combine that wih oil/tar balls/ dispersants and we are setting up for a positive change. The first big storm will wash it all away. It is what it is....
Here are some pics from the pier.
Navarrian 8)

patticaryl

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks, Navarrian. So glad to see you back! Many of us are obsessively watching the board to know the REAL truth of conditions there. We, at least, want to be able to make an informed decision.
Really, so glad to see you again!
Norrin Radd

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Navarrian wrote:The weather is clear and hot...95 degrees with heat index of 105.The June grass is in full bloom , but honestly the biting flies won't let you sit for two minutes, and the beach is in need of help. But that is life on the Gulf. Erie because we normally get these conditions in September!!!! Combine that wih oil/tar balls/ dispersants and we are setting up for a positive change. The first big storm will wash it all away. It is what it is....
Here are some pics from the pier.
Navarrian 8)

thanks for the pics, honestly not looking too good, huh? i can only assume those brown blotches are june grass and not whats been washing up in gulf shores the last few days...

http://www.wkrg.com/gulf_oil_spill/arti ... 0_8-11-pm/

keep us posted, man. why can't the current take the oil to texas-- that water is nasty even without the oil..
Navarrian
Power User
Power User

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:42 pm

No the brown spots are the seaweed type grass that comes in when the weather produces the green algae like conditions. Me personally, I did not see any oil spot/balls etc on the beach...but that is becaise I did not go in the water or on the beach. I just walked the pier and watched the fishermen catching a few baitfish, but did see one loggerhead turtle come by. Unfortunately the water was green with the algae ....but you get the picture.
wregle
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:54 am

WOW! Such a different perceptive than what I have. Stayed on the beach or in the water the entire day Monday. Didn't see 1 fly and although the June grass is thick in spots there are large enough gaps to float and enjoy the crystal clear water. Saw 2 large turtles which I have never seen here before and lots of dolphins. It was a beautiful day in Paradise! Didn't see any sign of the oil other than the workers. By the way, they provided plenty of entertainment as we watched them get their ATVs stuck in the sand numerous times!
You can shake the sand from your shoes but it never leaves your soul
Norrin Radd

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:05 am

wregle wrote:WOW! Such a different perceptive than what I have. Stayed on the beach or in the water the entire day Monday. Didn't see 1 fly and although the June grass is thick in spots there are large enough gaps to float and enjoy the crystal clear water. Saw 2 large turtles which I have never seen here before and lots of dolphins. It was a beautiful day in Paradise! Didn't see any sign of the oil other than the workers. By the way, they provided plenty of entertainment as we watched them get their ATVs stuck in the sand numerous times!
thanks for the info., i'm conferencing with my buddies tonight, being spread out across tx & la about what we're going to do. we have options including relocating to destin, but man would be discouraged-- we like navarre! i'm prepared to load up.. its "funny" you mention the ATVs, i've only been concerned with oil in the water, my wife is equally concerned with trying to relax on the beach with a book & a beverage (plastic cups of course!) and having guys in haz mat suits hovering and ATV's racing in front & behind the tent in & out of people.. i have visions of the beach choas seen in JAWS, but instead of sharks, people are running up & down the beach looking for tar balls & mousse!
wregle
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:16 am

We haven't seen any workers on the beach this morning yet. Saw only about 6 or so yesterday and I can assure you they are not rushing anywhere! We have a command center that has set up in the publicbeach access right next to our condo which may be why we have seen the ATVs. We have family down closer to the pier and they haven't seen anyone. Crowds are way down though. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but today is beautiful once again!
You can shake the sand from your shoes but it never leaves your soul
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:22 am

I was at the Navarre Beach Fishing Pier this morning about 5:00am waiting on the sunrise so I could photograph it. I photographed the pensacolakid and others catching fish off the Pier. I plan to post photos later.

I left the Pier about 7:30am and viewed both sides for several minutes at the shoreline. I saw no evidence of oil, oil sheen or tar balls on the beach. However, the june grass was thick in some areas. The june grass gets its name because it is common during the month of June. Patches of water absent of june grass was clear.

Clear skies today with plenty of sun and fun on the beach.

At the Waffle House this morning while having breakfast with my better part, a false rumor was being passed around that the Pier had closed. This is not true!
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “2010 GULF Oil Spill ”