Up-dates today??

Discussion of Gulf Oil Spill regarding Navarre Beach, Florida; the good, bad and ugly reports; however most of the reports of oil on Navarre Beach are good!
kcblond

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:35 am

Regarding the facebook link, it didnt work for me, I got realestate info.
BUT, if you have facebook, just put "northwest-florida-beaches" in the search box and pick the second choice offered. It has lots of area news and pics of many local beaches.
Ginny
THE HARDEST THING IS TO KNOW WHICH BRIDGE TO CROSS AND WHICH TO BURN
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:10 pm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Northwest ... 8866027299

I noticed why it didn't work, kc ... the only portion that was actually linked was the main address. See if the above works for ya!

;-)
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Looks like another great day at Navarre Beach. 8)
jokaz82

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:34 pm

No oil here. Just made it today & it is GORGEOUS! A washed up barnacle had a spec of oil residue. Thats it. Snorkeled for hours.
Jokaz82

"Things that are considered real are made up of things that we consider unreal." -N. Bohr
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Hope you have a terrific time ~ glad you made it here!

Blessings,
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:33 am

I welcome all opinions and reliable reports about conditions regarding oil on the beach. Sometimes well intended reports can change by the hour. I have posted reports that within the hour have dramatically changed. A few days ago forum member patticaryl stated opinions about a small area of Pensacola Beach being closed for a few hours to allow heavy equipment to cleanup oil on the beach. Patticaryl conveyed that Navarre Beach should be concerned since it is only 15 miles from Pensacola Beach. After thinking about this, I agree totally with patticaryl assessment. We should be concerned.

Actually, Pensacola Beach is much closer. The western end of Navarre Beach is only 7 miles from Pensacola Beach. This 7 mile span between the two beaches is the Gulf Islands National Seashore. We should be concerned about what happens at the National Seashore too since it is adjacent to Navarre Beach's western boundary.

Going forward it would help if you folks post reliable information as best as you can regarding Navarre Beach, Pensacola Beach and the National Seashore. We are all in this thing together.

Have a great day at the Navarre Beach!
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
patticaryl

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:14 pm

I am one of the newer posters on this board, and realize that you all really don't know me. Might seem that when I am trying to seek information, that I am trying to cause problems....but I really want to make it clear that I only pray for the best for the beaches and the people of the Panhandle coastline. I feel blessed to have found such a gem on American soil that someday I hope to live on. I want to apologize for how I may have come across, but believe me.......I never meant the slightest to "be a trouble maker."

I was raised in San Diego, and now live in the middle of the desert of New Mexico. I go to sleep and wake up in the morning dreaming of living near water again. We have traveled the Caribbean waters and fallen in love with the warmth and clarity....the magnificence of the majestic waters. Believe me......it calls out to me like you can't believe. My husband and I have even toyed with the idea of "someday" being able to retire on such beautiful waters , only to think we would probably have to leave our country, perhaps move to Mexico or another country to be able to experience such wonder. Then we found Navarre.

To think......what we have been searching for is right on American soil. I can't figure why it's such a secret, but really glad it is. I can't think of anything about the area that I would want to change. It's priceless!

So, I am sorry for however I was taken. My husband and I are watching the news and any information we can obtain as obsessively as, I am sure, the locals are doing. I pray for the best for all of you and your beautiful home.
staciwright09

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks everyone for posting... PLEASE continue to post daily. Y'all have me SO exciting about coming to Navarre in 2 weeks. I read here daily and LOVE to see pictures! :D
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Can anyone give me some information concerning the sound? I am still considering bringing my boat this weekend, but are there any reports of problems with any oil in the sound between the Pensacola bridge and Destin Pass?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:02 am

You should have no problems with your boat in the Sound at this time.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks for the info. 8)
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:44 pm

The sound still looks ok. The only thing you should be aware of is the booms. You need to keep a lookout for them. When nearing a boom, you should slow down to a no wake zone.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Not a problem...Thanks.
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:03 pm

The hubby is promising a boat day tomorrow. If we go, I will report on it.
Beachy

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Just looked at the beach cam & NB looks beautiful!!! In exactly seven days we'll be there with our toes in the sand & smiles on our faces. My nephew gets married there in 10 days!!! Can't wait to see Navarre Beach for the 1st time! :D

Return to “2010 GULF Oil Spill ”