Where did everyone go?

Discussion of Gulf Oil Spill regarding Navarre Beach, Florida; the good, bad and ugly reports; however most of the reports of oil on Navarre Beach are good!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:54 pm

As the robot said in, Lost in Space....."yes they do, Laura Robinson!"

Ok, so the robot did not say that and it was Will Robinson but they need you nonetheless!!!
beachkin

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Iknow some who have cancelled in hopes if beach is ok that week they can get the condo for cheaper price. If only we knew the future, which we never will, so I guess it will be taking a day at a time hoping no oil ever comes. Only 2 more weeks to go before trip..OIL OIL GO AWAY!
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:52 pm

thank you for not playing that game, beachkin... :)
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:42 pm

I talked to a rental agent and many of the owners are looking for long term renters and not the vacationers.
mumtothomas

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a first-time poster who's been lurking/reading for a while. My family is planning to be at Navarre Beach the last week of July, but we're getting conflicting information (if I need to post this in a new thread, I'll be glad to)--we love Navarre Beach and very much want to go, but obviously aren't sure what the oil situation will be. Our realty agency told us Monday that there are currently tar balls/oil spots and that there is a sheen in the surf. If we can go to the beach, it will be disappointing not to get in the water, but I think we could deal with that. Our main concern is that my 3-year-old nephew has asthma, and we're concerned about air quality. Is there an odor? Is air quality being tested, and if so, does anyone know where we might find air quality information?

Thanks so much! Crossing fingers that we're there at the end of the month.
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:16 pm

No odor in the air that I can tell. There are tar balls, mostly small up and down the beach today. I did not see the clean up crew. I did see some visitors collecting tarballs in a ziplock bag. I asked them to use a kitty litter scoop that I provided at a few beach walkovers so that they do not have to touch them. I also ask that you do not put your bags of tar balls in the regular trash. Place them next to the regular trash and they seem to get picked up by those that be.

Many people at the beach and in the water. As you leave the beach, please check yourself and those in your party for tar on your body and shoes. Please take care to get it off of you before you go any further. Cleaning areas and supplies are at every county walkover and most of the condos.
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:17 pm

beachgirl wrote:I talked to a rental agent and many of the owners are looking for long term renters and not the vacationers.
seems the safer way to go - people are asking for some ridiculously low rates.

Return to “2010 GULF Oil Spill ”