OIL WORKERS GONE ON NB

Discussion of Gulf Oil Spill regarding Navarre Beach, Florida; the good, bad and ugly reports; however most of the reports of oil on Navarre Beach are good!
GONEFISHING

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:13 am

I noticed on my morning walk on NB all the oil workers and 1st aide people are gone. Does that mean the oil is also gone?
Mark B.M.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:02 am

I for one have not seen any tar balls in over two weeks. They may also be waiting to see how Bonnie impacts things.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:30 am

Seems like even the beach crews were included in the order to evacuate the rig area due to Bonnie.
:?
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:58 am

We were under tropical storm warnings. This includes trailers, which they were in. For now, the beach has been clear. I am sure they will come back if we need them.
GONEFISHING

Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Oil workers and 1st aide people came back to NB today
lss

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 pm

My sister and her family visited NB this past week and said the beach/water were glorious! She's a FL native and she knows glorious! : ) No effects from the water as far are stinging skin or rashes. They thoroughly enjoyed and she really enjoyed sharing it with her granddaughter.

Now that the well is capped...hoping for a concentrated clean up of the water and that the environment recovers quickly from this man made disaster.
dlhamann

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:55 pm

They were back today in front of Navarre Towers and the coast guard guy told us they got the weekend off due to Bonnie. There have been several small (nickel sized ) tarballs in front of Navarre Towers and I did accidentally pick up one giant-rock sized one, thinking it was a rock, until I set it down and my hands were black, but the oil crews got it all cleaned up this morning and we didn't see a single tarball all day. :) Several other vacationers around us are not entering the water at all fearing oil, but myself and my kids have been in it...washing off good in the tub at night. Compared to Texas beaches, even with a few tarballs this water/seashore is a million times better/cleaner!
lstanley

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:51 am

There were 3 cleanup guys at the pier on Tuesday but we didn't see anything. The June grass is practically gone and the water was beautiful. The nicest I have seen it in weeks.

Return to “2010 GULF Oil Spill ”