Has anyone personally seen thr progress?

Discussion of Gulf Oil Spill regarding Navarre Beach, Florida; the good, bad and ugly reports; however most of the reports of oil on Navarre Beach are good!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:57 am

I know this perhaps should be in the PBeach thread but since it involves all the beaches, maybe this will do.

Has anyone been able to walk the national seashore areas and particularly the Perdido Key, Opal Beach and Pensacola Beach areas to see if all the oil and goop has been cleaned up by the authorities? As you may recall, those places got a dose a few weeks back and I was just wondering what it may look like now. What about the Pass?
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:49 pm

I was on the island just inside of the Pensacola Pass two weeks ago. It still had a bunch of tar balls on the island. Guess it was harder to access. This island had boom around it for a long time. Thing is the tar balls were floating along the bottom of the water and went under the boom. I haven't been out to the other areas in a while. To dang hot to want to walk on the beach for any length of time.
David
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Word that I received from FWC and local medics that have been assisting in clean up operations is that the areas of least access by the public ( ex: more secluded areas of the National Seashore, those away from accesses like Opal Beach) were not concentrated on until recently.

They were in process 2 days ago of concentrating on those areas but the heat (112 index) was taking a toll on the workers and slowing things down a bit. Workers in all the required garb were dropping like flys.
David
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 pm

I can understand that, I broke a sweat by 8:30am this morning. And I didn't leave the house until 8:00.

Return to “2010 GULF Oil Spill ”