Pensacolakid's pictures of just about everything

This ARCHIVES forum is where you may post your photos, images and videos of Navarre Beach and the surrounding area. It is o.k. to post your photos, images and videos on other forums, too. This forum is primarily for archiving by eventually moving older posts of photos, images and videos to this ARCHIVES forum.
dolfnfan
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Bitchin' photos, P'kid!
Sleep late, drive fast and don't take anything seriously...
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks Dolfnfan....sure do wish I were not moving when I took the picture of the cloud and thunderstorm forming. It was very cool and I had never seen that before. Perfectly round at the top and rotating.
Sandstomper

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Oh man, just saw the pics of Mt. Hood. I had the pleasure of being there several years ago. Another one of God's phenominal creations! Thanks for the post!
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:36 pm

You are welcome Sandstomper. Yes, it is a very bizarre and beautiful place. It is it's own little mountain range.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:03 am

P-kid - yea, daughter HS grad only once.
Lived in Sacramento at the time - daughter and friends went to Disneyland (and have reservations for Thanksgiving week this year to go to D-World with her, SIL and granddaughter again - Disney-aholic daughter is making same of 4-1/2 year old G-daughter!)

They are visiting here this week - to beach tomorrow - looks from cam that Junegrass has moved on?

Also enjoyed Oregon pics - have been up to the lodge at Mt. Hood - and maybe to those falls, too (Multnomah Falls?, feeding Columbia River - east of Portland).

Correct about the left-coast political leanings, though - feel at home politically here in FL panhandle (or "LA")!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:13 am

You got it Pete. That is the exact name of the falls. Actually before we got to that one, we came upon a smaller one called, Horsetail Falls. Just stunningly beautiful up there but you talking about the hippies, the grundge, the beatniks, flowerchild...and on and on. Saw a ton of them. They gotta be big pot smokers up there.

As for my daughter and Disneyworld, last year we surprised her and took here in March. She thought she was flying to Fayetteville, AR for a college viewing trip. When she found out she was going to Disney, I thought she was going to faint. She adores it. However, this year I was proud of her. On our 5th and final day, she was gassed out by 4:00 and wanted to go home and trust me, so was I. Disney, especially if one is a "Park Hopper" which we were, is very much like Vegas for me....2-3 days and I am done, can't stands it no more, as Popeye used to say.

It is also stupidly expense. Had I not had the rental car paid for, the airfare paid for, the hotel paid for and the airport parking paid for, it would have been 7-8K. That is what traveling as much as I do does for vacations. Wish I could have gone to Navarre though. Disney is not in my soul, Navarre is indeed!! 8)

Return to “Archives: Photos, Videos and Print Screens ~ Navarre Beach Greater Area”