VIDEO: Diving for Sand Dollars

This ARCHIVES forum is where you may post your photos, images and videos of Navarre Beach and the surrounding area. It is o.k. to post your photos, images and videos on other forums, too. This forum is primarily for archiving by eventually moving older posts of photos, images and videos to this ARCHIVES forum.
dolfnfan
Power User
Power User

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:08 pm

While in paradise the last two weeks of May I spent nearly all day every day lying on the beach and snorkeling. I've been vacationing on the Emerald Coast since childhood, and one of my favorite things to do while there has always been diving for sand dollars. I loved it as a 10-year-old kid and I love it now, as a 46-year-old man. Along the way I showed my daughter how to dive for sand dollars as a little girl and it was something we always did together on those all-too-short summer vacations.
Well, that little girl continued to grow up and, now 21, is several years removed from our last sand dollar diving adventure.
It just so happened that she had a break in her schedule and drove over to Navarre Beach to stay with me for just a couple of days.
So for one day, on May 21st, for the first time in several years, we dove into those familiar waters together and spent the afternoon diving for sand dollars, and for that afternoon she was my little girl again.
The video of our diving exploits on that day - along with a couple of other days of my solo snorkeling - can be viewed here:

****Be sure to bump up the resolution to HD - 720p or 1080p - or else it will look like garbage.****

http://youtu.be/jXUXOI3ckBQ
Sleep late, drive fast and don't take anything seriously...
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Father and daughter made some precious memories that trip! Thank you for sharing your special moments with us!

I thought it was great just like this:

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]

Blessings,
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks for sharing your sweet story and awesome video. Reminds me of our family....we love to look for sand dollars......we are on our 4th generation coming to Navarre Beach......my dad talked us into trying Navarre(We had vacationed in Pensacola and then Ft. Walton) one summer and we never looked back! :D

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:40 am

Always a joy Dolfnfan to view your videos. I am so glad you got to spend some time with your baby girl. What a joy that must have been. My one and only child...daughter, 18, is weeks from flying the nest and going to university. 18 years went by in a blink of an eye.....but all 18 years she has been to Navarre. We are third generation navarrians. Thanks again for sharing.
dolfnfan
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:50 am

PensacolaKid wrote:18 years went by in a blink of an eye...
It does go fast, doesn't it?!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:09 pm

I just had to watch this again!!!

8)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
CrazyB

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:05 pm

What an awesome video and a beautiful story for us to read/see. Thank you for sharing your memories with us!!!
Kimberly Navarre
Jeremiah 29:11 ~~~For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.~~~
dolfnfan
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks AG & CB...

Return to “Archives: Photos, Videos and Print Screens ~ Navarre Beach Greater Area”