We lost one of our boys last night.

This is where you talk about pets, brag about your pet’s, and post photos of your pets. Did I say brag about your pets?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Our mixed breed "Orange Fluffy" dog Lucky, has finally passed on.

He came from the Fort Worth Humane society during Labor Day weekend in 2002 (they guessed his age to be about 1.5 years old).

Lucky (unlike his name had been shot in the back by a BB gun (this was before we got him), by someone but the wound had healed and he was never bothered by it again, despite the pellet still being in there all his life. He also ate fire ant poison (that I had just poured onto the fire ant mound, directly from the fire ant mound). We also think he was bitten at one point by a snake on his hind leg.

He did these things as he thought he was "The Boss" dog and leader of the pack, and like most great leaders, he led by example.

He’s always been the best dog (house broken etc). Well yesterday afternoon due to failing health and old age, Lucky crossed over the rainbow bridge. He had become so disoriented and was having difficulty breathing and walking. His tail was down and when not sleeping, he just laid or stood in one place for ages on end, doing nothing. He had stopped eating and drinking and with everything else that was wrong with him (Vet says he had several tumors), his time had come.

Lucky had one of the calmest and most gentlest of souls and was just about never angry.

Dude, wherever you are now, you will be missed.
Attachments
Lucky.jpg
Lucky.jpg (48.81 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Wed May 30, 2018 2:42 pm

Such a sweet, good-looking dog!

I'm so sorry to hear this, BJ :cry:

He had a good life with you - thanks for loving him so much.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Wed May 30, 2018 8:40 pm

Lucky dog to have such wonderful owners! Sorry for your loss. It is one of the most painful.

redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2018 8:49 am

I am so sorry for your loss. You can tell he was much loved by his family and truly a Lucky dog.

Return to “Pets”