In Loving Memory of Boojie

This is where you talk about pets, brag about your pet’s, and post photos of your pets. Did I say brag about your pets?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:11 pm

Sadly, members of our own forum family lost a treasured member of their family this week. After 14 years of displaying unconditional love, loyalty, playfulness, and all the endearing "Boojie" ways, Pensacola Kid and Becky's beloved Boojie crossed the Rainbow Bridge ~ our hearts go out to the Pensacola Kid family in their loss and grief.

The attachment Boojie - PK's dog 14 years old.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Boojie  - PK's dog 14 years old.jpg
Boojie - PK's dog 14 years old.jpg (98.76 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:21 am

That is so very kind of you AG. Thank you for doing this and giving Boojie (Boudreaux) notice. He was indeed a wonderful dog and for anyone who has had to do this, you know how hard and sad it is to lose a beloved dog. He is indeed in my humble opinion with God in heaven and the other dogs, having the time of his life and with no pain. This is very special. Might just have to print this one and put it on my wall in my office. Becky teared up.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:26 am

Rainbow-Bridge-.jpg
Rainbow-Bridge-.jpg (104.5 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:36 am

Pkid, I am sorry to hear about your sweet Boojie. Our pets become such a part of our hearts and families, it is heartbreaking to lose them. I know Boojie was a good boy, and will be missed by you and your family.

I love the Rainbow Bridge poem. Here is another, although you may have already seen it - I can not seem to find the author - which I dearly love:

So God Made A Dog

And on the 9th Day
God looked down on his wide eyed children and said they need a companion
So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody to wake up and give kisses, pee on a tree, sleep all day, wake up again, give more kisses, and then stay up till midnight basking in the glow of the television set.
So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody willing to sit, then stay, then roll over then with no ego or complaint dress in hats they do not need and costumes they do not understand. I need somebody who can break wind without a first thought or second thought. Who can chase tails, sniff crotches, fetch sticks and lift spirits with a lick. Somebody no matter what you didn't do, or couldn't take, or didn't win, or couldn't make will love you without judgment just the same.
So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody strong enough to pull sleds and find bombs, yet gentle enough to love babies and lead the blind. Somebody who will spend all day on a couch with the resting head and supportive eyes to lift the spirits of a broken heart.
So God made a Dog

It had to be somebody who would remain patient and loyal even thru loneliness. Somebody to care, cuddle, snuggle and nuzzle, and cheer and charm and snore and slobber and eat the trash and chase the squirrels. Somebody who would bring a family together with selflessness of an open heart. Somebody who would bark, and then pant, and then reply with the rapid wag of tail when their best friend says lets go for a ride in the car.
So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody who would stand at your side when the world around you collapses. Somebody to lie next to you during the long nights of pain and sorrow when it hurts to move, or talk, or think, or be. Somebody to stand guard, play games, snore for hours, and repeat as needed. Somebody to give you strength when you have none of your own. Somebody to fight when you have no fight left, to hold onto your soul as if it were their favorite toy, playing tug of war to keep you in this world. Somebody to be your companion and guide in this world and the next. Somebody to wait for you on the other side or stand guard in your absence until they can join you for eternity.
So God made a Dog
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:52 pm

Thank you GJ. I know we don't see eye-to-eye on a lot of things but we see eye-to-eye on this. And I thank you for your thoughts and sentiments I really do appreciate it.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:25 am

gailjean wrote:
Here is another, although you may have already seen it - I can not seem to find the author - which I dearly love:
Sounds like Paul Harvey?

P'kid and family - my deepest sympathy. Our family knows the loss.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:52 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:52 pm
Thank you GJ. I know we don't see eye-to-eye on a lot of things but we see eye-to-eye on this. And I thank you for your thoughts and sentiments I really do appreciate it.
Pkid, there are many things that transcend differences - the love and loss of a good dog is certainly one of them.

Peace be with you and your family, now and always.
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:56 am

Pete wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:25 am
gailjean wrote:
Here is another, although you may have already seen it - I can not seem to find the author - which I dearly love:
Sounds like Paul Harvey?

P'kid and family - my deepest sympathy. Our family knows the loss.
Pete, there is a video out there with Paul Harvey narrating it. I'm not sure if he is the author though - I can't seem to find anything definitive, unofrtunately. :|
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:18 pm

AngelGirl

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:24 am

Thank you Pete and GJ.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Just saw this today, Pkid. Sorry about your family pet. Man, does it hurt to lose them. Take care.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:33 am

An update...

First, thanks again AG for posting Boojie. He was indeed a great dog for 14 years. We went to CAPS (Citizens for Animal Protection) last week and adopted a puppy for our existing dog, Bella. Bella was very sad to not have Boojie around and we are huuuuuge proponents of adoption rather than getting bred dogs. Too many needing homes. Anyway, the pups name is Gumbo (Will post pics soon) and he is a cross between a brown lab with yellow/green eyes and a fruit bat. They love each other and play virtually all day long.

Tuesday Feb 26, 2019 --- pictures of Gumbo and Bella:
02-26-19 PK's Gumbo resized.jpg
02-26-19 PK's Gumbo resized.jpg (182.7 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
02-26-19 PK's Baby Bella-resized.jpg
02-26-19 PK's Baby Bella-resized.jpg (111.59 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:07 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:33 am
An update...

First, thanks again AG for posting Boojie. He was indeed a great dog for 14 years. We went to CAPS (Citizens for Animal Protection) last week and adopted a puppy for our existing dog, Bella. Bella was very sad to not have Boojie around and we are huuuuuge proponents of adoption rather than getting bred dogs. Too many needing homes. Anyway, the pups name is Gumbo (Will post pics soon) and he is a cross between a brown lab with yellow/green eyes and a fruit bat. They love each other and play virtually all day long.
Awwwww ... Gumbo is beautiful ... Bella looks like she'd sleep through a hurricane!! LOL All that activity keeping up with an energetic pup must have worn her out. ;)
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:39 am

Previous posts have been updated with new photos!

:)
AngelGirl

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:50 am

Thank you AG for doing this.

For all.....if you are ever considering adopting a pup, frankly even a kitty go to the local SPCA or CAPS location. You can view the animals on their sites and it is very inexpensive and they need homes. Don't go the pure breed route. The ones in the shelters know in their souls when they are released to a family and they show it.

Return to “Pets”