Pray for PensacolaKid’s surgery this afternoon

This is a special place where you can share how you have been blessed when visiting Navarre Beach and surrounding area. A place where you can share wonderful memories, photos, images, music and videos. A place where you can share God’s blessings, prayer requests, miracles, bible scriptures, prophesy, inspirational quotes, and positive comments.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:51 am

PensacolaKid who is a favorite NBL Forum member and a very good friend is having surgery this afternoon to repair an injury to the rotary cuff in his shoulder. He has asked for prayer concerning his surgery. I’m sure that many prayers will be lifted up to Heaven on PensacolaKid’s behalf for total healing after a successful surgery.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:00 am

Our prayers are with you P'kid. Have to get that shoulder fixed so you can reel in those big ones!
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Hope you are feeling better soon P'Kid.
cshells
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Just checked in and saw this prayer request. I hope all went well with the surgery and pray for a full and rapid recovery!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:39 pm

I talked on the phone tonight with the PensacolaKid and he said that the surgery went great. I suggested that he get off the phone and try to get a good night sleep. PensacolaKid was a baseball pitcher and football quarterback, so I'm sure he will recover quickly.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Mark B.M.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:12 am

Praying for a full and speedy recovery P'Kid
electriceddie

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:40 am

Get well quicly PKID! We miss you on here!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Thank you Kenny for letting us know about this!
Praying for you, PKid!
David
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:18 am

P'cola,

Just caught this, glad everything went well,

You need to head to Navarre for some recovery time.

The kings have slowed but some will be around til well after Thanksgiving. You may not want to handle a king or toss bubbles for spanish, as yet, but there are more large whiting around than seen for years, :wink:. Not a bragging fish but they eat so gooood. Gulf Flounder are there as well and the fall migration of the inland flounder is just starting.
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:02 am

First of all, thank you Kenny for the post. I was very much wanting and needing prayer. I have never been thru a surgery before and the anesthesia part was really making me anxious. So I appreciate you doing this.

Secondly, to all my NBL friends who responded and prayed, that you very very much. I always know God is with me but I especially felt Him that day. So, I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Thirdly, I was forewarned that shoulder rotator cuff surgery is some of THE most painful and the rehab is a booger. They (mainly the doctor) spoke with a straight tongue. I am miserable! The thought of even picking up a rod is not even in the picture yet. It is getting looser every day but dadgummit......it is tough!

So, again, I am back in the saddle, ableit painfully so. Come July, I will be pulling them in with the best of em'.

Thanks again everybody! Oh.....Hydrocodone, a pretty strong painkiller, is NOT on my pain drug of choice. Very bad reactions to that garbage. Chunked em' down the toilet and had him write me another one for something far less intense...Tylenol 3's!
electriceddie

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:23 am

Nice to hear you are out and about albeit in a lot of pain. Hang tough and you will be in good shape by spring!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:39 am

Thanks again, Electriceddie!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:56 am

Praying your recovery is 100% and as painless as possible! I know you are glad to have the surgery behind you!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:02 am

Thank you Lvthebch....yes very glad! I know so many others are going through and have gone through so much worse. Mine was relatively minor compared to those. You hear the horror stories, few and far between of course, on the anesthesia issues and that was what was giving me fits. They gave me some happy medicine via the IV first and then wheeled me in the OR. I remember getting up on the table and the next thing I remember is being asked if I wanted a Coke! Pretty remarkable what they can do these days. Fortunately, my Ortho Surgeon does many of the Houston sports folks so I was in very competent hands.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Good to hear you're re-couping nicely, P'kid. Just do what the doctor tells you and enjoy a (sort of) vacation. :)

Return to “Navarre Beach Good, Positive, Happy Blessings, Prayer, Prophesy and Inspiration”