Questions about moving to Navarre

Find and Book your perfect Navarre Beach Vacation Rental for Beach Condos and Beach Homes. Buy and Sell Beach Condos and Beach Homes on Navarre Beach and the Navarre Mainland.
tdogg

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 pm

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section to post this, but this seems like the closest one to do it.

Navarre Beach residents who once lived somewhere else, barring reluctant family members, what was the most difficult thing you had to overcome in relocating to Navarre?

Did you get a job first, or move first?

What would you recommend?
Thanks.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:18 am

tdogg wrote:what was the most difficult thing you had to overcome in relocating to Navarre?

Did you get a job first, or move first?
Work is what is keeping me from living in Navarre ... That and the recent 40% or so increase in real estate prices.

I have a couple of years before I am able to retire and sell everything I own to be able to afford to move to an area that just five years ago, I could have afforded to retire to, but now? Its much less likely we can afford the places we were looking at in 2011/2012. One property we looked at back then on the island, was only $125,000 and is now over $250,000. Not that it's certain to sell at that valuation, but I suspect it will. So much for not having a house loan when on a fixed income!

But how much is this property actually "worth"? On an expensive day, here in North Texas at least, this two bed, two bath town house would be about $145,000 to $150,000 at the peak of the market and we wouldn't have any HOA fees, which on Navarre Beach, this place does.

Did I mention that there is actually a waiting list to buy properties in this particular development? Last time I checked with the HOA and management company if I could put down the money needed, I'd be SIXTH in line... Hmmmmm.

So that's my road block right now...
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:17 pm

Sent you a PM! :)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Navarre Beach Vacation Rentals ~ Beach Condos & Beach Homes ~ Buy & Sell”