Gulf Blue Vacations (formerly JMEVacations.com)

Find and Book your perfect Navarre Beach Vacation Rental for Beach Condos and Beach Homes. Buy and Sell Beach Condos and Beach Homes on Navarre Beach and the Navarre Mainland.
Garrison

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Anyone care to offer up a good or bad experience? I've always rented through Betty Evans or IVR; found this Pearl unit on VRBO that I want for two weeks in August. Emailed with the owner, she stated that she sends the renters' names/dates to Gulf Blue and they handle the rest.
jpigott73

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:49 pm

We tried to rent from them because they had the condo we were interested in buying. They took our info and charged our credit card for the dates we wanted, within an hour they called back and said the condo had been previously booked and would refund our money. Just frustrating because we really had wanted that condo. Needless to say we ended up buying another condo:)
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Garrison - our units are listed with Gulf Blue - they are good people to owners and guests, very accommodating.

jpigott73 - sometimes owners book their units and don't tell the rental agencies in time, and sometimes, in the craziness of the summer high season, mistakes can be made. A specific unit may have three entities booking for it - owners, agency, and someone from the agency but through VRBO. We've had very few issues over the 10 years we've been with them. Sorry for your inconvenience!
Garrison

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:56 pm

I always start with VRBO; from there I've dealt with agencies, realtors and directly with owners. For 10 years I have never had a negative experience. Hoping my luck continues.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 am

For houses and condo's (although not so much on the eastern end) you will not go wrong with Jackie & Larry Sims at http://www.MermaidMansions.com. They bend over backwards to make your stay a real memory. As renters, we have never had anything in the past 12 years but excellent service and attention from them. The properties have always been move in ready (occasionally even early check in's) and the 2-3 issues (over that entire time) with the properties that we have had (stopped up toilet, fridge less than cool, etc. they have been literally on the job in minutes and had it rectified to our satisfaction.

Edited by Kenny Wilder, the Administrator
MermaidMansions.com was not a clickable link because you have to add www. in front of the URL website. Also, you added bold type and large font size to the URL and this too will not show a clickable link. I edited your post by adding the www. in front of the URL and the forum new software automatically changes the URL to http://www.
Navarrebeacher
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:20 pm

I rented with http://www.navarrebeach21.com on many occasions since 1990. They also manage a 2br/2ba non beachfront house for me on the West end of the island. I have never had a complaint when I rented from them or from a customer that rented my unit under their management. They manage approximately 400 properties of all types on NB so you have lots of rental choices with them. 8)
Garrison

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks y'all, I got my reservation. Only downside now is that, because I usually come down in June, I will have to suffer through extra withdrawal time between now and then. Perhaps I can break it up with a spring break visit lol.

Return to “Navarre Beach Vacation Rentals ~ Beach Condos & Beach Homes ~ Buy & Sell”