Corona Virus information

This is the place where you comment about politics and news that does not relate to the Navarre Beach Greater Area. Do NOT post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, taunting, sexually-oriented, spam, religious attack or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:00 am

Strongly disagree, Kenny. Sickness is not a curse. Here is an encouraging article from a Catholic source regarding illness. God is love and he showed his love to us, while we were sinners, Christ Jesus died for us. Curse is gone. Don't spread misinformation.

Article from a Catholic blog, Aleteia.

Illness: Divine punishment?

“Good health,” wrote St. Basil of Caesarea, “inasmuch as it does not make its possessor good, is not among the things which are good by nature.” Which prompted another Father of the Church, St. Gregory of Nazianzen, to say, “Let us not admire all forms of health, nor abominate all illness.” In other words, it all depends on what use we make of health or illness. It depends on the way we view it, the way we approach it.

Illness is not a curse. Even if it be a consequence of original sin, or even of poor habits on our part, it’s not a personal chastisement sent by God. Recall the disciples’ question regarding the man born blind: “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” To which Jesus replied, “Neither he nor his parents sinned” (see Jn 9:1-2). Over and over, Jesus tells us the same thing. But when faced with illness, we wonder, “What have I done to deserve this?” And he tells us the same thing.

“When I am weak, then I am strong”
Jesus, too, suffered, and he suffers along with us. Illness becomes an occasion to get closer to God, to enter more deeply into the mystery of His love. Of course, that’s easy to say, but infinitely more difficult to live through, as much for the sufferer as for their loved ones. But it is possible because God makes it possible, even for very young children and even when the pain is so great and the fatigue so crushing that one’s incapable of doing anything except suffer.,

God asks nothing more of us than to make the effort to say “yes” to what is happening to us, moment by moment, without regretting the past nor fearing the future. A “yes” that draws its strength from Christ: “When I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Cor 12:10). In the face of illness, especially when it’s serious, we beg God for a miracle. And, more often than not, God seems deaf to our pleas. But is it He who doesn’t hear us, or we who don’t know how to listen? For, despite appearances, He does wish to give us what is best."
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:40 am

Found this an interesting perspective.........
====================================

Pollak: Democrats Pushed Impeachment While Coronavirus Spread

JOEL B. POLLAK 13 Mar 20204,3824:33

We now know the cost of impeachment.

While Democrats were diverting the attention and energy of the entire country into a pointless trial that could not possibly have ended in anything other than President Donald Trump’s acquittal, the coronavirus pandemic was beginning in China and arriving in the United States.

The timeline of the two developments — impeachment and coronavirus — is shocking, and reveals the true cost of hyper-partisanship.

January 11: Chinese state media report the first known death from an illness originating in the Wuhan market.
January 15: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) holds a vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. Pelosi and House Democrats celebrate the “solemn” occasion with a signing ceremony, using commemorative pens.
January 21: The first person with coronavirus arrives in the United States from China, where he had been in Wuhan.
January 23: The House impeachment managers make their opening arguments for removing President Trump.
January 23: China closes off the city of Wuhan completely to slow the spread of coronavirus to the rest of China.
January 30: Senators begin asking two days of questions of both sides in the president’s impeachment trial.
January 30: The World Health Organization declares a global health emergency as coronavirus continues to spread.
January 31: The Senate holds a vote on whether to allow further witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial.
January 31: President Trump declares a national health emergency and imposes a ban on travel to and from China. Former Vice President Joe Biden calls Trump’s decision “hysterical xenophobia … and fear-mongering.”
February 2: The first death from coronavirus outside China is reported in the Philippines.
February 3: House impeachment managers begin closing arguments, calling Trump a threat to national security.
February 4: President Trump talks about coronavirus in his State of the Union address; Pelosi rips up every page.
February 5: The Senate votes to acquit President Trump on both articles of impeachment, 52-48 and 53-47.
February 5: House Democrats finally take up coronavirus in the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia.
For twenty days, from the day the first death from coronavirus was known, Democrats did nothing about it. They were too busy with the president’s impeachment trial — a trial Pelosi had delayed unnecessarily for several weeks.

To the extent that they commented on coronavirus at all, it was only to tear up the president’s remarks or to call him a racist. They told the nation that he, not coronavirus, was a threat to the national security of the United States.

In the midst of that all-consuming trial, it is remarkable Trump was able to do anything else at all. But he did, and one of the things he did was impose the China travel ban, just one day after the World Health Organization declared coronavirus a global health emergency, and the day before the first victim of the pandemic died outside China.

For his trouble, he was criticized by the World Health Organization and called “hysterical” by his future 2020 rival.

When Republicans warned Democrats that impeachment was a waste of time, a divisive partisan exercise, and a distraction from the real issues facing the country — a lesson Republicans learned the hard way, in Bill Clinton’s impeachment, 21 years before — Democrats ignored them.

Just a few weeks later, our divided leaders were taken by surprise by the pandemic, and bickered on cable news, asking why nothing was done sooner.

But we know why.

Joel B. Pollak is Senior Editor-at-Large at Breitbart News and the host of Breitbart News Sunday on Sirius XM Patriot on Sunday evenings from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET (4 p.m. to 7 p.m. PT). He earned an A.B. in Social Studies and Environmental Science and Public Policy from Harvard College, and a J.D. from Harvard Law School. He is a winner of the 2018 Robert Novak Journalism Alumni Fellowship. He is also the co-author of How Trump Won: The Inside Story of a Revolution, which is available from Regnery. Follow him on Twitter at @joelpollak.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:16 am

I absolutely believe there is some degree, some element of Biblical proportion here to this outbreak. We live in a fallen world, a wicked world and it is not getting better by the day, it is getting worse. What God's purpose for this is, I don't know, maybe it is to show us many things like how addicted we are to the TV (sports for instance), maybe it is an opportunity for many to get back to God, to find God. Maybe it is to scare us into getting on our knees again and putting God first. I do not know but there is Biblical something going on. I do know this, that fact that churches closed, makes satan smile even though God is still in control of this and all.

Get back on your knees people. If you have never been on your knees for and to God/Christ.....then start. NOW!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:18 am

I absolutely believe there is some degree, some element of Biblical proportion here to this outbreak. We live in a fallen world, a wicked world and it is not getting better by the day, it is getting worse. What God's purpose for this is, I don't know, maybe it is to show us many things like how addicted we are to the TV (sports for instance), maybe it is an opportunity for many to get back to God, to find God. Maybe it is to scare us into getting on our knees again and putting God first. I do not know but there is Biblical something going on. I do know this, that fact that churches closed, makes satan smile even though God is still in control of this and all.

Get back on your knees people. If you have never been on your knees for and to God/Christ.....then start. NOW!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:24 am

And again to Kenny's point, people read Matthew 24 and you try and tell me that we are not at the beginning of the birth pains. I don't know when He is coming back only God knows but Christ tells us to watch for the signs and we are definitely in the signs. Plagues, famine, locust swarms, diseases, the pride, people against people at every turn. Believe what you will but I firmly believe there is a reason for this virus and more importantly a reason for the hysterics that have occurred because of this virus. Trust me, there are millions upon millions in this country and perhaps the world that are in Kenny's boat. At some point there will come a time when everyone will see that God has had enough.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:49 am

Say what you may concerning Kenny's post but .........

In 2 Chronicles 7:13–14, God said to Solomon, “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:25 am

For those of you who feel there is no political slant to this Covid - 19 thing.....think again. There is an absolute political gain for the Democrats and the leftist to make this look and appear as it we are undergoing a 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic. Make this country tank and blame it on President Trump.

President Trump President Obama
Covid-19: H1N1
US Cases: 1215 (3/12) US Cases: 61 million
US Deaths: 36 US Deaths: 12, 469
Panic Level: mass hysteria Panic level: zero

Think the media can manipulate America's mind. Damn right they can and they are and people are not smart enough to see it. There is no reason on God's green earth for the people of this country to be acting the way they are. Why the hell are people literally hoarding toilet paper?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Well, well, well.....looks like I am not the only one....

MIT biologist says fear mongering on coronavirus will go down as biggest fraud to manipulate economies
MARCH 12, 2020

On March 11, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a global epidemic. The virus, which originated from Whuan China, has claimed over 4,000 lives with 100,000 infected cases reported worldwide. However, some think the panic over the coronavirus is overblown and could potentially do more damage to citizens and overburden our already fragile healthcare systems.

Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai, an MIT scientist and researcher on the human immune system, is one the most respected experts who think the media and the “Deep State” are doing the world a disservice by exaggerating the impact of the virus. He said it’s time to stop scaring people and start talking about immune health.

Dr. Shiva may be right. Back in October 2009, the H1N1 killed 1,000 people in the United States, including almost 100 children before President Obama later declared national emergency for the virus. At the time, the media hysteria was not as high as it is today. Dr. Shiva is not alone. Earlier today, we also published a story using data from CDC and WHO, that tells a different story from what the media has been saying.

In the video below, Dr. Shiva explains in detail about how coronavirus works and why it is time to talk about Immune Health as the world grapples with Corona Virus.

Update: Since this article went viral, Dr. Shiva has come out with a follow-up video that goes into a great detail to explain the real truth about coronavirus and why we need to focus more on immune health

Also, in a response to a tweet from U.S. President Donald Trump, Dr. Shiva said: “As an MIT PhD in Biological Engineering who studies & does research nearly every day on the Immune System, the #coronavirus fear mongering by the Deep State will go down in history as one of the biggest fraud to manipulate economies, suppress dissent, & push MANDATED Medicine!”
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:43 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:56 am
Hopefully they are close to finding a vaccine.
Vaccine is probably a year out - at least several months, end of year?
However, besides the hydroxychloroquine/chloroquine - azithromycin combo (and have read it also with Tamiflu, or zinc, or a couple of other anti-virials) - showing some promise (but in some case mixed results) - it appears a researcher in CA, Dr Jacob Glanville, and his team/company have re-engineered antibodies from 2002 SARS and could be ready sooner.
(there are several others also working on anti-bodies)
He has had several interviews (can search for others - there was another one that was good, I think better then this one, if I find it will post) - here is one from a couple of weeks ago (6-minutes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZdKX56r8L0

Found the one that I liked - 25-minutes, but more info:
Article:
https://toofab.com/2020/04/01/netflix-p ... ronavirus/
The video in the article:
https://youtu.be/AV-nWT2VLuI
(The explanation of the antibody therapy starts at about 12:20 in the video)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:55 pm

Pete wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:38 am
CajunSanitizer.png
This is hilarious!

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 am

Thanks Pete. It sounds like this antibody stuff is going to be the short term key? I am hearing it from all sides. Kinda on a separate note but pertaining to the same thing, if true and we will never know with China giving us the the answers but I have heard not a single case of this has shown up in Beijing or Shanghai? Ummmmm?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:14 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 am
Thanks Pete. It sounds like this antibody stuff is going to be the short term key? I am hearing it from all sides. Kinda on a separate note but pertaining to the same thing, if true and we will never know with China giving us the the answers but I have heard not a single case of this has shown up in Beijing or Shanghai? Ummmmm?
Manufactured anti-bodies is more "mid-term" vs. vaccine.

Short term is still the hydrochloroquine/chloroquine plus ???  =   Z-pack, other anti-virals (Tamiflu, etc.), and read of a CA doc who claims good results of the anti-malarials with zinc.   Claims the anti-malarials open the cells for the the zinc to make a kill shot?   Zinc is what is in Zycam oral sprays/lozenges touted to lessen symptoms and shorten duration of colds/flu if taken early?  We have used for such and seems to help?

Another short term is plasma transfusions.   Spin out the plasma (which has the anti-body) from a recovered donor, and one unit can be use to treat up to three patients.   Much slower than mass manufacture of antibody, but available immediately.

Not sure I believe any numbers out of China.   Just the reported numbers of urns delivered to crematoriums vs. reported deaths, etc.?

Different subject - read a article about a NYC physician named Cameron Kyle-Sidell has posted two videos on YouTube, pleading for health practitioners to recognize that COVID-19 is not a pneumonia-like disease at all. It’s an oxygen deprivation condition, and the use of ventilators may be doing more harm than good with some patients. The ventilators themselves, due to the high-pressure methods they are running, may be damaging the lungs and leading to widespread harm of patients. Hope others look into it?

Link to article with embedded 6-min videos:
https://www.infowars.com/bombshell-plea ... pneumonia/
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:51 am

You are correct. There is no way China can be trusted with anything. Nothing, zero, zilch, nada. Now I am seeing reports and personal testimonies that the hacking cough and fluish type illnesses hat millions had starting in Dec and Jan might have very well been this Covid. Other striking things......almost all the deaths are seemingly with people over 70 with underlying health issues. Blacks have been hit especially hard with the level of diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure they have. Remember 99% recovery rate and many do not even know it is in them. I still firmly believe there are many questions to this whole dynamic. I believe people were not truthful. I believe there were ulterior motives behind much of this. I believe there was vastly overstated hysteria including by Dr. Fauci and the list goes on and on.
marko

Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:02 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:25 am
For those of you who feel there is no political slant to this Covid - 19 thing.....think again. There is an absolute political gain for the Democrats and the leftist to make this look and appear as it we are undergoing a 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic. Make this country tank and blame it on President Trump.

US Cases: 1215 (3/12) US Cases: 61 million
US Deaths: 36 US Deaths: 12, 469

Think the media can manipulate America's mind. Damn right they can and they are and people are not smart enough to see it. There is no reason on God's green earth for the people of this country to be acting the way they are. Why the hell are people literally hoarding toilet paper?
US Cases: 431,838 (4/8) US Cases: 61 million
US Deaths: 14,768 US Deaths: 12,469

Never understood why people were comparing numbers when Covid-19 was still in the early stages of the pandemic, so took the liberty of updating the numbers for you now that we are a bit further along. The numbers for cases and deaths are actually much lower than reality, it is known, because despite your Dear Leaders assertion, testing is still very inadequate. Obama got lucky in some respects because the onset of summer and its effect on reducing the spread was known for the flu and there was existing infrastructure for new flu vaccines since it changed every year for all its mutating abilities.

To Obama's credit, they looked at the aftermath H1N1 and implemented several plans in order to be better prepared for next pandemic, which everyone knew would surely happen. One was to have a pandemic response team always in place, which of course, Trump did away with. There was also the idea of having epidemiologists embedded in other places/hot spots around the world to get the jump on things. Trump eliminated many of those, including in China. Trump tried to get funding cut for CDC but fortunately Congress rejected that. Trump specifically denies any responsibility for anything on this and continues to lie and obfuscate about it all.

Though I haven't seen the polling numbers, I am confident that Covid-19 has no political leanings. To point out what is demonstrably very poor leadership is not political but necessary. I truly wish he would step back and let Pence be in charge because he is at least reasonably competent and not prone to all the lying, but Trump and his fragile ego would not allow for that. I cannot accept it as normal that a president would spend so much time talking about what a great job he is doing and then lying about what is going on. He was even talking about how great his TV ratings are! No one of right mind blames Trump for the existence of Coronavirus, but his woeful, incompetent response is legitimately worthy of criticism.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:00 am

marko wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:02 am
To Obama's credit, they looked at the aftermath H1N1 and implemented several plans in order to be better prepared for next pandemic, which everyone knew would surely happen.
Too bad his administration did not replace (or increase?) all the masks/gowns/gloves in the national stockpile that were used during the H1N1 outbreak. Ditto that he placed (or left in place) a rule that only the CDC could put out the testing kits (which they bungled this year).
Also, read that in NY they had a bunch (several hundred) of ventilators in a stockpile - that they sold off as said didn't have funds to maintain (apparently an older/discontinued model?) - but they also didn't replace them.
In all cases 20/20 hindsight and Monday morning quarterbacking will show things that could/should have been different. It is a game played by many.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to ““We the People” ~ National Politics, National News, World News and Humor”