Corona Virus information

This is the place where you comment about politics and news that does not relate to the Navarre Beach Greater Area. Do NOT post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, taunting, sexually-oriented, spam, religious attack or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
marko

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:32 am

Sure, you can give a hit on Obama for not fully restocking the Federal supply, but he did try. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trum ... stockpile/, but remind me who was president the last 3 years.

I am curious though. Do you acknowledge any culpability for Trump? Do you believe his daily briefings are wondrous fountains of helpful knowledge? The whole hindsight thing is why they implemented programs that Trump did away with btw.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 am

I believe several things...

1. I believe there will be a new normal. I pray to God every day that America does NOT go back to what and who we were prior to this. This is Biblical and it happened because God allowed it to happen to teach us.

2. I believe everyone in Washington DC is culpable to some degree. Some more than others.

3. I believe President Trump was no more responsible for this crisis than Obama was for H1N1.

4. I believe President Obama made mistakes, I believe President Trump has made mistakes.

5. I believe this country and our "leaders" have a massive lesson to learn on how to prepare for the next one, may God forbid but that all depends on what we do as a country pertaining to the lessons learned or not learned from this one.

6. I believe this should teach us to stock pile now, keeping in mind what other crisis's may occur.

7. I believe this is going to teach our medical profession many lessons on what to do and not to do in the future.

8. I believe the media is corrupt, liars and have an agenda. That agenda is to remove President Trump.

9. I believe much of this crisis was manufactured and presented purposely as an "Andromeda Strain" type of doomsday scenario.

10. I believe they so overly inflated the death toll for ulterior motives. And this is by reputable people. First it was 2-4 million. Then it was 200K to 400K. Then is was 100K - 200K.

11. I believe almost every single person on the left and most certainly every single Washington DC liberal has done nothing to help this situation but have done everything they could to make President Trump look bad. Wonder why????

12. I believe to shut down this planet and especially the the leader of this planet, economically was insane. To not let anyone go to a lake or the beach, asinine.

13. I believe President Trump is a cheerleader for our country and damn good leader and has led throughout this crisis.

14. I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that President Trump will win overwhelmingly in November and the Democrats will do everything in their power to stop an in-person vote so they can figure out how to manipulate it to their advantage.

15. I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt God Almighty put President Trump in that role for a reason and we could not have had a better person for it.

TRUMP 2020
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:26 am

marko wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:32 am
Sure, you can give a hit on Obama for not fully restocking the Federal supply, but he did try. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trum ... stockpile/, but remind me who was president the last 3 years.

I am curious though. Do you acknowledge any culpability for Trump? Do you believe his daily briefings are wondrous fountains of helpful knowledge? The whole hindsight thing is why they implemented programs that Trump did away with btw.
Everybody, including Trump and current administration, in hindsight - I'm sure - would like to have done things differently (I think of certain politicians who in February encouraged "going on with your lives, eat out, go to Chinese New Years..., etc.").

I do prefer Trump being optimistic that we will get though this and recover (similar to FDR's "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - at his 1933 inauguration at the depth of the Great Depression. By saying this, FDR was telling the American people that their fear was making things worse. He goes on to say, “nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.” By running to the banks and taking their money out they were causing more damage to the economy.)
Optimism from Trump is better than the pessimism of much of the media and others.

Thank you for the article - very interesting. A couple of things caught my eye:
-- "But the idea that the stockpile should be able to provide all of the supplies needed during a pandemic is misguided, she said.
“It was never, never, never intended to be the full answer to any disaster,” she explained. “It was intended to bridge from the moment of crisis until a little while after when the private sector would be able to gear up and use the whole global supply chain to deliver what was needed.”"

-- Still, O’Toole said she wishes there was less of a focus on expanding the stockpile because it will never be enough and will always lack something that is needed.
“You can’t stockpile your way out of a pandemic like this,” she emphasized.
One of the reasons for the current supply shortage, she said: “We’ve allowed our own national capacity to manufacture things to degrade and in some places go away. And we’ve done that for cost-efficiency sake.”
She later added: “What we need is not a big stockpile. We need a new strategy. We need to use the technologies we have now to create the capacity to respond to something in close to real-time.”
That means being able to “rapidly design and manufacture what we need, when we need it, and the quantities demanded,” she said.
Both showing that those who contend that the national stockpile should meet all needs are in error (again many in the media, and some state officials). States and cities (and even individual hospitals, etc?) should have robust stockpiles.

I did find the, "13 years ago" (2007-2008?) attempt to design and stock a less expensive ventilator most interesting - first noting that would proceed Obama (in office 2009-2017). Next noting that when the first design company failed after acquisition, and a second company was contracted in 2014, it took FIVE years to get approval (federal bureaucracy? - red tape?).

And as far as "programs that Trump did away with" - read that the personal and programs were mostly just realigned with other similar programs or offices to avoid duplication (and rules and directions from "two bosses") and increase efficiency. What any private business would do.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:25 am

And one of those career, lying, corrupt, elitist, worthless politicians/humans that was telling everyone to gather and eat in and congregate was none other than the Wicked *itch of the West, Pelosi.

TRUMP/PENCE 2020
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:29 am

Clarification of the Virus Rules!! Please follow them thoroughly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hspw7Y1Gc5s (3-1/2 min.)

Makes as much sense as much of the "rules" actually put out there!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:21 am

LOL I've gotten this same video in email about a dozen times ... does that make it a "VIRAL" video??? ;)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:57 am

This is all funny and true but you watch as the months go on we are going to find out a boat load of things that will both shock us and piss us off about all of this.

I am wondering when and or if, other than accident, suicide or homicide, the cause of death will NOT be due to Corona virus Covid 19. How long will that be milked?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri May 01, 2020 7:49 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:57 am
This is all funny and true but you watch as the months go on we are going to find out a boat load of things that will both shock us and piss us off about all of this.
I am wondering when and or if, other than accident, suicide or homicide, the cause of death will NOT be due to Corona virus Covid 19. How long will that be milked?
Wife and I got curious (she tracks the cases in the three counties) as to why "recoveries/survivals" are not reported (that we can find)?
We are a couple of months into this - so many of the cases diagnosed more than two-three weeks ago, if they are not in the dead count, should be recovered?
The way it is now - the case count is cumulative of all diagnosed, same with deaths. That way it looks like it keeps getting worse.
But if only count "active" cases - deducting those recovered/better/survived - it would be a better picture of current situation.
(Yes, declining new case numbers per day/week is also good - but recoveries would be also good info!)

Found this info at this link:
https://www.news-press.com/story/news/2 ... 53105001/
One item that has not been included in any of the state's reports: how many people in Florida have recovered from the coronavirus. That's because the state is not measuring that statistic.
The DOH has posted the following explanation for why it does not track recoveries on its website:
"We do not currently measure “recovery,” and don’t expect to have such a designation anytime in the near future. Recovery can mean a lot of things — some countries say you’re recovered 14 days from infection even if you are still sick, or even dead, based on a computer algorithm that calculates the amount of time passed since a case is first reported.
"The very definition of recovery is a contested issue — are you recovered once you’re no longer symptomatic, or contagious, once you get a negative test result, or no longer require hospitalization? Are you ever “recovered” if you suffer long-term effects from having the virus? Until some of these issues and definitions are worked out at the local, state and national level, we will not be providing a metric for recovery."

That just makes no sense to me. We need to know how many "active" cases are in the community - not just a count of all, past and present cumulative. Of course the increased testing will find more of the asymptomatic and mild cases - driving the total numbers up (making it look worse - an excuse to keep things closed, etc.) but with a bigger denominator of cases, the death "rate" will decrease.
And as antibody tests become widespread - if have antibodies (and are better/well symptom-wise), maybe at a defined titer - that should really be counted as "recovery"!? Don't get it?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri May 01, 2020 7:53 am

I found this totally hilarious (about 2-1/2 minutes):

Jacksonville vs. Miami beach openings explained to northerners

https://youtu.be/eYD0iYx55S0
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri May 01, 2020 11:29 am

Yeah wonder why the recovery rate which oh by the way, is 99%, is NOT EVER mentioned. Not once. Motive? You bet there is a motive. Make this look at all levels as bad as it can look. Never let a catastrophe go to waste.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri May 01, 2020 6:22 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:29 am
Yeah wonder why the recovery rate which, oh by the way, is 99%, is NOT EVER mentioned. Not once. Motive? You bet there is a motive. Make this look at all levels as bad as it can look. Never let a catastrophe go to waste.
Yep, the left blithely skips over such mundane nonsense as THE TRUTH!! They definitely use the "never waste a crisis" agenda and take it many steps further. I'd add this observation that seems to be quite true as applied to their methodology: because they literally "never waste a situation ... but blow it up into a major catastrophe" by whatever means necessary. We've seen these maneuvers used liberally the last 3 years against the current POTUS and his administration. If I can find a transcript of what Todd Hermann reported today about the FBI and Comey, I intend to post it. What was done to General Flynn was unconscionable!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat May 02, 2020 9:48 am

The Demoncrats today are pure evil. The people who support and vote for these people are Godless. They have all been given over and they are taking full advantage of it. Not one thing good has come from them. I am at the point now where family and friends had better not ever tell me they side with the Demoncrats because that will break the deal with me. Forever! I despise everything they stand for. EVERYTHING!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun May 03, 2020 7:35 am

Found an interesting statistic (and recall what I have said about statistics previously :( ) - even with Covid-19 deaths - nationwide are only at 97% of "expected deaths" (average deaths for 2017-2019 for same period).
Yea, NYC is at 219%, rest of NY at 122%, NJ at 131%......but nationwide 97%
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
They do note that this is a tally of death certificates so data has a 10-20 day lag.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun May 03, 2020 10:03 am

I also noticed that the CDC has dramatically lowered the death rate. I strongly suspected and might have even said so on this thread somewhere that attributing every death aside from accident, homicide or suicide to Covid 19 was and is wrong. I hope it stays relatively low.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 04, 2020 7:44 am

Now they are re-upped the rate from the 37+K to 65K. Just this morning on either Fox News or NBC (not sure which one) and they put up on the screen, 67+k. That is over 2K more than the CDC is saying.

So who the hell are we supposed to believe? I am convinced that much of this entire thing is a scam. A political/Geo political scam. Nor do I believe that each of those deaths attributed to Covid are actually from Covid. Not in a million years. Not with a 98-99% survival rate with thousands not even knowing they had it. Not with the thousands upon thousands that have "survived. No way, no how.

Return to ““We the People” ~ National Politics, National News, World News and Humor”