Corona Virus information

This is the place where you comment about politics and news that does not relate to the Navarre Beach Greater Area. Do NOT post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, taunting, sexually-oriented, spam, religious attack or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun May 24, 2020 9:38 am

Pete wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:26 am
Came across this - interesting:

Hydroxychloroquine certified ‘most effective therapy’ in poll of doctors

An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released on Thursday found that hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the coronavirus. The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37 percent of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options. Of the physicians surveyed, 3,308 said they had either ordered a COVID-19 test or been involved in caring for a coronavirus patient, and 2,171 of those responded to the question asking which medications were most effective. "The U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave chloroquine and its next-generation derivative, hydroxychloroquine, emergency-use authorization Monday for treating the coronavirus, although the drug was already being used off-label by some doctors and hospitals for COVID-19 patients," Washington Times reporter Valerie Richardson noted. The Sermo survey also found that the most commonly prescribed treatments for coronavirus are analgesics (56%), azithromycin (41%) and hydroxychloroquine (33%).Azithromycin, known by the brand name Zithromax or Z-Pak, was rated the second-most effective therapy at 32 percent, followed by “nothing,” analgesics (including acetaminophen), anti-HIV drugs and cough medicine.

In addition, talked with a friend of a friend yesterday. Learned the second friends husband had gotten quite ill, but - at the time - Covid testing was constrained, he was just told to stay home and the usually self treatment for the flu (stay hydrated, Tylenol, etc.).
did that for a week or more. Got worse, finally got seen again for testing and medical treatment, was positive for Covid, was given hydroxychloroquine (don't know if in combo with other?), and was much better within 24-hours.

As we used to derisively say, "...a scientific study with a vast sample size of one...", but hey?

VERY interesting, Pete!! Do you have a link for this article? I'd like to send it to some folks who have been completely taken in by the MSM! It breaks my heart that they are living in abject fear and and are quickly becoming agoraphobic ... if there is some way they can regain their sanity, this knowledge might be the first stepping stone. :)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed May 27, 2020 7:48 am

Covid Risks, Know Them - Avoid Them
When you have time - worth a read.

From a retired hospital worker (I think was radiology - his wife is a retired hospital laboratory director).
A bit long (as well a the link in the paper to another paper) but a lot of info on the conditions needed related to the actual exposure and spread. Helps make decisions as to when and where to go - or not.
Yes, with some restaurants now open here at reduced capacity we are going out. Crabs, our favorite beach fish restaurant for crab lunch on the 17th. A belated "Mothers Day" celebration. Sat outside in breeze with distancing from other occupied tables. Nearly nil chance of exposure.
Since then have gone to three other restaurants with outside seating. So far, so good.

Also read another article that speculated on a reason that Covid cases seem to be very low in some SE Asia countries (Thailand and surrounding) is that up to 80 of the population practice daily, or twice daily nasal irrigation. Regularly flushes/dilutes virus (and other) so they don't get to "critical mass" for infection.
================================================================

Please take the time to read this about exposure to Covid19--very informative and the best info I have yet to come across.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-ri ... avoid-them
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed May 27, 2020 10:43 am

Very interesting article Pete and thanks for posting. It is quite the dilemma. What to do. We can't continue to stay isolated in our homes and for a multitude of reasons. We MUST get this economy running again. The mental health of people has deteriorated horribly. Shootings, suicides, drug abuse, alcoholism you name it. It is all going up.

This will probably now always be around similar to Influenza so what do we do? When is the cutoff point? When is the day that someone says, ok it is safe now to go into a full restaurant. We do that during the winter when Influenza is at it's worst. Who will be the person making the determination and what do they base it on? It is now HIGHLY political. Every person on the left wants to stay down to adversely effect President Trumps campaign. The Right wants to open up to save the economy. Who do we listen to?

I for one have gone back to living my life as I did in February. Yes, I will wear a mask when mandated and of course around elderly, which I not not around most of the time but as I have stated before, there is just too much inconsistency with every aspect of this virus.

And again folks, when you are in the car, by yourself you do NOT need a mask. That is craziness. The media has done a magnificent job of absolutely terrifying the crap out of America. My 81 year old mother in law is scared of her own shadow. Let us also not forget the hundreds of thousands that have beaten this and the 99.785% survival rate. I bet that is a far sight better than Influenza.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu May 28, 2020 7:35 am

AngelGirl wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:38 am

Hydroxychloroquine certified ‘most effective therapy’ in poll of doctors

VERY interesting, Pete!! Do you have a link for this article? I'd like to send it to some folks who have been completely taken in by the MSM! It breaks my heart that they are living in abject fear and and are quickly becoming agoraphobic ... if there is some way they can regain their sanity, this knowledge might be the first stepping stone. :)
No, after I copied it, deleted source. It was in one of the e-mailed "newsletters" that show up in my inbox. There was no secondary attribution.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu May 28, 2020 7:45 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:43 am
I for one have gone back to living my life as I did in February. Yes, I will wear a mask when mandated and of course around elderly, which I not not around most of the time but as I have stated before, there is just too much inconsistency with every aspect of this virus.
As to your entire post - so true. As said we are going out to eat - outdoors, with space. But, we are 70-ish y/o, and wife has COPD and just finished chemo so has a recovering immune system. But all that is on us to protect ourselves. Hoping for a vaccine or effective treatments, but slowly we will resume our lives.

Curious, if you are back at work are you going into hospitals? Are they ramping back up? Non-covid procedures, etc.?
Last visit the wife had (two weeks ago) only the patient was allowed to enter, with mask - and companions/caregivers (me) were not allowed.
That was at Sacred Heart doctors building. Don't know what the main hospital is doing.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 am

While a bit long (and everybody is probably sick of the Cornovirus) this article is a excellent summary of my own extensive review of various reports and articles during all the time I had during lockdown. This is a summary from a nurse, who like me, looked beyond what we were being fed by the annointed "experts" on TV and the media.
There are several links to source documentation in the text so I inserted the full URL for the same links.

From my own research, the is one other aspect that complicates treatment of Covid-19.
That is micro-clots. For some reason folks have noted this in several places in the Covid-19 infected body. This may be why there have been reports of other organ problems, and some noting issues with nail beds, etc.
May contribute to ineffectiveness of ventilators (up to 80+% non-survival once placed on ventilation).
If the micro-clots are are in the smallest capillaries of the lung, the problem is not getting oxygen into the lung, but getting it from the lung to the bloodstream because the bloodstream capillaries are clotted.
It also might explain why it has been noted of patients that are not in acute distress - sitting, awake, talking - but with severely low blood oxygen levels. Some treating physicians are recommending treatment with blood thinners to combat this phenomenon? With all this I don't think ventilators are the answer, and - as some others - think they might do more harm than good due to the barotrauma they do to the already traumatized lungs from the high pressures and drugs needed to sedate the patient so can tolerate an endotracheal tube.

All-in-all, I do not understand why not more study of hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and zinc - given early, not late stage as some studies have done.
As one physician said, any antibiotic, antifungal, or any antiviral is better early in the disease than late!
BTW, zinc is also the antiviral that is in Zycam oral and nasal sprays and oral lozenges that have been effective in shortening colds and flu - IF used early.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IF I TRUST SCIENCE AND DON'T TRUST DR. FAUCI?

Posted by -NO AUTHOR- | Jun 20, 2020 | PJ Media | 0 |

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-lenn ... ci-n551584

I wanted to trust Dr. Anthony Fauci. I really did. Early in the pandemic, I took the advice of Dr. Drew Pinsky and listened to what he said. Maybe I listened too closely.

https://noqreport.com/2020/03/12/dr-dre ... narrative/

Lockdowns leave a person a lot of free time, and a Google machine and keyboard are an excellent way to pass the time.

This week on a Department of Health and Human Services podcast, Dr. Fauci made the following comment:

“One of the problems we face in the United States is that unfortunately, there is a combination of an anti-science bias that people are — for reasons that sometimes are … inconceivable and not understandable, they just don’t believe science, and they don’t believe authority,”

My head almost exploded. He made this comment in the same week he admitted the nation’s Health Experts™ lied to Americans about the effectiveness of masks.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/dr-fauci- ... ad-enough/

They decided to tell us masks didn’t work rather than tells us they were effective in preventing the spread, but please refrain from buying them until we have an adequate supply for healthcare workers.

Having worked as a Registered Nurse, I was pretty confident that was what they were trying to do at the time. However, that is not why I have lost confidence in the nation’s Health Experts™. Instead, the findings of the research I did on my own during the initial months of the outbreak have me questioning their honesty, effectiveness, and rejecting their authority.

THE MODELS AND LOCKDOWNS
Do I need to say anything more? We crashed the economy based on a model from the Imperial College. All other models were ignored, even when the modeling had predicted the experience in other countries. Voices not calling for extreme response measures were silenced.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... experience

Even at that point, it was clear that large swaths of the population would likely weather the illness with few if any, effects. People under 65 and without chronic diseases should never have been forced to stay home. This pandemic is the first time we have quarantined the healthy. It was an insane premise to start with. The real kicker was finding out a high school science project informed the lockdown policies.

As the lockdown progressed in other countries, there was little to no correlation between the nature of the lockdown and the experience with the virus. Maybe because they eventually had to admit that surface transmission was not a thing. And asymptomatic transition might be, but they aren’t sure.

HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE
The debate over this generic drug that has been in use for decades is one of the most puzzling and ridiculous things about the entire pandemic. The medicine was politicized and became controversial. After researching it myself and listening to practicing physicians who were using it, I expected Dr. Fauci to step up and clarify why there was a reason to believe it may work in conjunction with the mineral zinc. He never did.

https://noqreport.com/2020/04/06/the-pr ... loroquine/

I found this odd since the drug’s older cousin, chloroquine had been demonstrated to inhibit the SARS virus, which has a 90% overlap with COVID-19. The NIH did this study in 2005, where Dr. Fauci is a director.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage.

Any doctor that was recommending the treatment recommended it be given with zinc. The properties of zinc on RNA viruses, which COVID-19 is, are also well known. Again a study from the NIH in 2010 shows that with a companion ionophore, or drug that allows more zinc to enter the cell, the mineral interferes with the replication of the virus. Both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are zinc ionophores.

Additionally, the doctors using the treatment were using it outpatient when a patient demonstrated shortness of breath. Not in end-stage illness when a patient was severely ill on a ventilator. Dr. Fauci could have explained the scientific rationale for outpatient use to the morons in the White House Press Corps who were politicizing its use. He didn’t, and that made me very suspicious.

I became even more suspicious when the NIH announced a trial. The trial did not include zinc.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/s ... il-n392407

The exclusion of the mineral made no rational sense, given the clinical information. It was also not clear at what point in the illness the hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin would be given.

Dr. Fauci’s lack of candor about the science behind the drug trials and resistance to clinical testimony from doctors treating patients made me lose confidence. I do not know if the reason is incompetent knowledge management in the NIH or something else. However, I find it inexcusable.

CYTOKINE STORMS
When the virus hit our shores, we were preparing the health system to deal with a severe respiratory infection that caused Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). Ventilators were all the rage and occupied the national response. Within days of the first patients hitting the ICU in New York City, doctors were questioning this assumption.

Ventilators did not seem to be working, and the patients were presenting with severe hypoxia, or low blood oxygen, and other symptoms that were not indicative of ARDS. This was not well-reported and all but ignored by the corporate media. Our Health Experts™ never mentioned it.

Then some clinicians started talking about cytokine storms or an overreaction of the immune system that can cause damage to several body systems. It is a complex illness and often requires immunosuppressive drugs. These specific drugs were contraindicated on the national health guidelines for treating COVID-19 until very recently.

This is all very frustrating because the NIH knew in 2005 that SARS caused this reaction in the body.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7166886/

Further, it was reported in New Scientist in 2003 that this was the case.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... overdrive/

The article also stated that any virus passed from an animal to a human could have the ability to cause this immune reaction.

SARS, a coronavirus that came from nowhere to kill around 1 in 6 of its victims, has added an urgent impetus to the research. There’s reason to believe that any new infectious disease that crosses from animals to humans could trigger this reaction. “A lot of people are clued into this as a very important way of understanding viruses,” says virologist Wendy Barclay at the University of Reading, UK. “It’s an up-and-coming subject.”

So the Health Experts™ were clued in in 2003 but not in 2020?

Some smart clinical doctors started to figure it out. The corporate media and Dr. Fauci never clued in the public. A group of U.K. researchers has now demonstrated the effectiveness of dexamethasone, an inexpensive and widely available steroid, on treating severe COVID-19. This is fantastic news, of course.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/s ... cy-n541337

However, if anyone had listened to Dr. Thomas Yadegar of Providence Cedars-Sinai back in April, these treatment advances would have been made in the United States. He and his team had already developed a protocol for treatment and testing using these types of medications based on the patient’s lab work.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/s ... 19-n386527

Dr. Fauci has not mentioned this finding or the fact that effective treatment is available for many patients as he sits and contemplates widespread testing and tracing as well as the possibility of local lockdown is infuriating. It has been published in the Wall Street Journal and a few other publications. But Dr. Fauci has the biggest megaphone and could calm down the public.

There is no need for clinical trials here. Cytokine storms are known phenomena with available treatments. Doctors are not treating the virus in these severe cases. They are managing the immune system overreaction.

HEALTH EXPERTS™ HAVE NO AUTHORITY
I believe in science. And if this pandemic has taught us anything, it is that science is never really settled. In the management of public health, the president should get the opinion of Health Experts™. Lots of them with different points of view.

Because in a new disease, they will most assuredly be wrong on any number of counts early in the process. The president then needs to balance the public health will all the other considerations, economic, national security, and many others. The idea that Dr. Fauci, or anyone in the NIH or CDC, was an authority on COVID-19 in March is absurd.

Medicine is the art of applying science to a set of symptoms and complaints. As it turns out, doctors treating patients did a much better job figuring out the science that our Health Experts™ did. So, quite frankly, Dr. Fauci and his peers should never wield the amount of authority over all aspects of citizens’ lives as they have for the past several months.

I trust science and read a lot of it during the pandemic. I don’t believe Health Experts™.

DEXAMETHASONE FOR SEVERE COVID-19 DEMONSTRATES LIFE-SAVING EFFICACY
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:04 am

Great information Pete and thanks for posting. I as well have not believed a single, "authority" since day one. I have said all along there are financial and political gains in this and there have been since day one. Evil is behind this. Secondly we should not believe the figures, the numbers they are putting out there either. No way in hell SARS-CoV-2 has killed 120K people. No way. These numbers have been manipulated again for monetary gain and political reasons. Lastly who is going to be the expert who gives the "all clear" signal where masks are not mandated and this social distancing BS is lifted? Who? What is this person going to base this decision on, if it even gets to this decision? Why not keep this going indefinitely? What are they going to do when Influenza hits in the Fall? No there is a puppeteer manipulating somewhere. Guess who the puppets are? One would be a damn fool to listen to the media and believe them.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:01 am

Latest on hydroxychloroquine that I came across:
---------------------------------------------------------
HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE
Professor Harvey Risch, M.D., Ph.D., is a researcher at the Yale School of Public Health with a specialty in cancer etiology, prevention and early diagnosis, and epidemiologic methods. He recently surveyed research on the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and zinc, concluding that it should be made widely available for use in the pandemic.

In explaining his findings, he noted that COVID-19 causes two different diseases. First is a nasty upper respiratory infection, and then it morphs into viral pneumonia. He only looked at studies where the treatment was given early in the onset and found it was effective. Specifically, he recommended it be given in the first five or six days of the start, especially to those over 60 or with a preexisting condition.

As many clinicians using the drug combination have been asserting, it is effective in preventing progression if given early and outpatient. Several have reported that even if a patient has mild shortness of breath, it reduces the severity of the illness.

From the abstract of Dr. Risch’s article in the American Journal of Epidemiology:

Early outpatient illness is very different than later hospitalized florid disease and the treatments differ. Evidence about use of hydroxychloroquine alone, or of hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin in inpatients, is irrelevant concerning efficacy of the pair in early high-risk outpatient disease. Five studies, including two controlled clinical trials, have demonstrated significant major outpatient treatment efficacy.

This article was written on May 27, 2020. When asked why he thought the drug was so controversial, he said:

I think that there has been confusion about treating the cold versus treating the pneumonia. These medications don’t seem to work so well for treating the pneumonia. As early as possible is crucial, within the first five to six days of symptoms.

72% of doctors in Spain are using the drug combination. It would appear in the United States it was less about confusion and more about politics.
---------------------------------------------------
If we get this virus - I have to find a doc that will Rx the hydroxychloroquine - azithromycin - zinc treatment! At least our governor hasn't made it illegal!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 am

Very interesting! Great information! It also underscores the need for each of us to do our own research of the facts and educate ourselves OUTSIDE of the scope of MSM hype and politicalization to make informed decisions IF the need should arise in our own lives. Over my years of care-giving, it has become abundantly clear that, inasmuch as it's possible, we all need to participate in our own medical treatment, listen to our doctors but educate ourselves, too.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to ““We the People” ~ National Politics, National News, World News and Humor”