Youtube Rant on Covid 19 panic

This is the place where you comment about politics and news that does not relate to the Navarre Beach Greater Area. Do NOT post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, taunting, sexually-oriented, spam, religious attack or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:13 am

AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:41 am

With the bulk of the current news - need some humor. Previous levity re-purposed. (apologies as this is not PC):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to the Corona virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”
The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.”
The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British Army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability. The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.”

Italy has increased it's alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Their two higher levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual. The only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No Worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:13 am

Love the humor especially in these times.

I peaked this morning at the Sports pages of the Houston Chronicle to find, for the first time in TV history, no TV/Radio listings. In other words no live sports at all, zero, nada, zilch. Not one. In fact, they did not even have a TV section listed.

Why the panic people? I saw another in a very long list of reports of people (this morning on Fox) who had the virus and described what it was like. Folks, if you have ever had the true flu, Influenza, the horrendous aches, fever, chills, your skin hurts, you can't get comfortable and nothing helps, flu....this Covid 19 is no where close to that. So why are churches cancelling (which satan is just laughing hysterically at), why are seasons ending, why are malls empty, why is travel restricted over a day maybe two day long bug that does not come close to other pathogens?? This is political, it is being driven by the media and there are ulterior motives involved. They are doing this to their own detriment. They are doing this to their own peril of their own investments for one purpose that is to make President Trump and this economy look as bad as it can look. If there is another reason why this has been blown out of the water you let me know keeping in mind what I stated above.

Insanity on America's and the world's part.
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:40 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:13 am
Love the humor especially in these times.

I peaked this morning at the Sports pages of the Houston Chronicle to find, for the first time in TV history, no TV/Radio listings. In other words no live sports at all, zero, nada, zilch. Not one. In fact, they did not even have a TV section listed.

Why the panic people? I saw another in a very long list of reports of people (this morning on Fox) who had the virus and described what it was like. Folks, if you have ever had the true flu, Influenza, the horrendous aches, fever, chills, your skin hurts, you can't get comfortable and nothing helps, flu....this Covid 19 is no where close to that. So why are churches cancelling (which satan is just laughing hysterically at), why are seasons ending, why are malls empty, why is travel restricted over a day maybe two day long bug that does not come close to other pathogens?? This is political, it is being driven by the media and there are ulterior motives involved. They are doing this to their own detriment. They are doing this to their own peril of their own investments for one purpose that is to make President Trump and this economy look as bad as it can look. If there is another reason why this has been blown out of the water you let me know keeping in mind what I stated above.

Insanity on America's and the world's part.
I do think people are reacting way out of proportion when it comes to hoarding and buying a year's worth of TP, etc.

I also agree that it seems for the majority of people, COVID-19 is not severe; HOWEVER, we as a community, have a duty to protect those that this disease will kill. How do we do that? By trying to control the spread. Plus, by controlling the spread, there will be a lesser chance of overwhelming our healthcare system.

My dad is 89 years old. I have an 80 year old uncle with severe COPD. My 93 year old godmother has heart issues, as does a beloved friend of my Dad. I have numerous friends with severe health issues, and friends who have had cancer and gone through chemo. These are the people we are trying to protect.

If we have to forego our live sports, church services (WWJD?), public gatherings, rallies, etc. for a month or more to protect our at risk population and control the spread so it doesn't peak so high at once that it overwhelms our hospitals, labs, and healthcare practitioners, where is the harm?

And although I know none of this is good for the economy (believe me, I know), to call it simply a ploy to discredit Trump and purposely ruin our economy is misguided, self-serving, and plain disgusting.
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:48 am

Pete wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:41 am
With the bulk of the current news - need some humor. Previous levity re-purposed. (apologies as this is not PC):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to the Corona virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”
The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.”
The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British Army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability. The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.”

Italy has increased it's alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Their two higher levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual. The only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No Worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.
Ha! Funny and clever. Thanks for sharing, Pete! Laughing is good for mental and physical health, as well as for the soul.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:54 am

Pete, that's so funny ... even if not exactly PC. (We have been known to allow "non pc" here!) :)

A little humor is indeed good for the soul, mind and body and while some of us are altering some of our "gathering" habits, it's a good thing to include humor in our "daily fare" to help offset the anxiety and keep our perspective liberally laced with compassion. We all have a responsibility for protecting those who are the vulnerable among us. I hope everyone can keep all of these things in perspective. Be kind. Be patient. This, too, shall pass.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to ““We the People” ~ National Politics, National News, World News and Humor”