Texas is going to lead the way.

This is the place where you comment about politics and news that does not relate to the Navarre Beach Greater Area. Do NOT post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, taunting, sexually-oriented, spam, religious attack or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:28 pm

Just heard our incredible Governor, Greg Abbott talk about Texas opening up very very soon. Texas will lead the nation, mark my words. The beaches will open quickly. If we are smart about this, we can get this country going in good time and this crap will be behind us. Hopefully to never happen again, that is, if America learned any lessons.
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:28 pm

I hope it works out. I think each state or region may have to work through opening things up somewhat differently than others. Some regions have been harder hit, population density is different, urban areas vs. rural, etc. As each goes through it, I hope the other governors are watching and learning.

Let’s be as careful and as smart about this - as you said, Pkid - as we can. Good luck to all!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:04 pm

It will be a slow, methodical and well-planned endeavor but needs as much prayer and cooperation as possible. We cannot take anything for granted! Small business owners we know here locally are anxious to get re-opened but it is with mixed feelings, naturally, as they do not want to put anyone in harm's way. So, safe "social distancing" and other appropriate measures are being instituted.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... -increased

As he described each phase of the reopening, the GOP governor noted that next steps of continued reopenings in the state will be “guided by data and doctors,” and will require “comprehensive testing and assurances of hospital readiness for COVID-19 patients. It will focus on containing the risk of resurgence of COVID-19 and protecting our most vulnerable Texans.”
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to ““We the People” ~ National Politics, National News, World News and Humor”