Finally adding to the landscape of the house

Everything you wanted to know about Gardening but was afraid to ask.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Sun May 14, 2017 3:13 pm

gailjean wrote:
Linda wrote:Now that the wedding is behind me I will focus on the roses again! Hubby picked the first bell pepper yesterday. The cherry tomatoes are loaded and will be ready for a good salad in a couple of weeks. The very small lemon tree has so many blooms. Hoping it grows well. The nurseryman said fruit probably next year.

We must have had crazy wind while we were away in Birmingham. A hanging pot of bougainvillea was on the ground, hanger and all, when we returned. That thing was screwed into treated timber!
One of the many reasons I am looking forward to staying with my dad in NJ this summer - his garden!! Nothing better than home grown tomatoes! And altho he does not grow corn, we will be able to take advantage of the local Jersey corn - the absolute best!
The summer I lived with my sister when she and her hubby were stationed in Newport, RI was one of the best summers for veggies. We put up pickles from a neighbors abundance of cucumbers, bought fresh corn, and picked some the best strawberries I've ever had. The gardens were so pretty there.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Thu May 18, 2017 6:41 am

After visiting with my mom yesterday, I brought home a sweet olive tree from her yard. It was the victim of too little sunlight. Very scraggly limbs but healthy. I trimmed back a few of the limbs and dug it from the ground. It's planted in my backyard now. Can't wait for fall to smell those wonderful blooms!
Attachments
Sweet olive.jpg
Sweet olive.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1021 times

Return to “Gardening”