Question about the refurbishment

2016 Navarre Beach Renourishment Project and the 2006 Navarre Beach Restoration Project. And updates/issues about beach storm surge sand erosion, dune vegetation, sea turtle/shorebird nesting and other.
lovenavarre

Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Quick question - will they be redoing the berm as well, or just adding sand. I was wondering if they were going to have to remove the private walkovers to do so. Thanks :)
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:10 am

lovenavarre wrote:Quick question - will they be redoing the berm as well, or just adding sand. I was wondering if they were going to have to remove the private walkovers to do so. Thanks :)
I don't think so. Since, in most places, the berm is intact - there will be little/no sand added to the berm tops, or landward side? Suspect they may add some sand on the gulf side face - if so, guess they would just push it up to the walk over steps/ramp - maybe bury some steps, so fewer steps till hit the sand?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:24 am

The consultant for the Navarre Beach Renourishment Project called me Friday to provide me with an update. I told him I would have to get back to him because of my busy schedule. We will talk on Monday and I will provide an update for you folks. Now go to bed.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:52 am

Sleep tight! At 12:24 Am - I'm sure not up, nor on a 'puter! :?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
lovenavarre

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Good deal - and thanks. Our concern was if there would be a walkover for our 87 year old Mother. can't wait to get to our little slice of Heaven.

Thanks for the info!

Return to “2016 Beach Renourishment ~ 2006 Beach Restoration ~ Current Sand Conditions”