Beach restoration?

2016 Navarre Beach Renourishment Project and the 2006 Navarre Beach Restoration Project. And updates/issues about beach storm surge sand erosion, dune vegetation, sea turtle/shorebird nesting and other.
kcdancer

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:24 am

I followed a link here that finally went dead..... Is thier a date set yet?

Thanks! And looking forward to picking up my 2017 calendar in the fall. :D
April Fools Day Beach Bride.....Navarre 2011

“You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the beach!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Last I heard, there was a mechanical breakdown, then the weather takes a toll .... and then the dates just drift out ... They were supposed to start moving equipment in late last week, but my beach spies are all "otherwise occupied" this week, so I don't know.

Kenny - have you seen anything?
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
David
Power User
Power User

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:43 pm

Equipment used for pipe set up began arriving and staged in east end of parking at public beach last week then it got realy too windy to begin the pipe set up which has to be moved from staging area in Pensacola to the 1st lead to the beach at east end of the County' Park. Wind has eased so we should see them setting pipe shortly.

Keep up by visiting County web site where there should be regular information posted. I'm sure they should have weather days figured in their schedule and will catch up soon.

A good result of the strong winds turning from north ( not good for us with allergy problems ) to out of the southeast was a massive amount of early king mackerel caught over the weekend at the pier. Allergy headaches kept me at home but word is that over 100 kings were decked on Sunday with many hooked and lost at gaff or break offs. That kind of action usually does not happen till late May and June. Some pictures I saw showed traffic at the end of pier comparable to opening day of operation, elbow to elbow and spectators too close for their own safety.
David
wregle
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Is this the pipe setting?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (899.27 KiB) Viewed 5715 times
You can shake the sand from your shoes but it never leaves your soul
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Surely does look like it! Glad you are there.....keep those pictures and updates coming our way! :D
Christmas without Christ is just a mess.

Arlo

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:35 am

It appears to me that the piping shown on various photos is between the Beach Colony walkover and the Pearl. Can anyone confirm?
David
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Thier intention was to come ashore around Beach Colony and thats where it is at. Understanding is that they will extend the pipe east to far extent of the Park then build sand while moving west with un-needed lengths moved to the west of the Colony, then repeat moving back east to where the pipe came ashore, then repeat that same procedure where the next pipe will come ashore toward the west end of the beach.

The County web site should still have a good diagram of where the pipes will come ashore and the extent of the build up and they are expecting to post regular updates as to progress.
David
rredmann

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:02 am

I have a question probably for Kenny. Many of us have had to extend our steps where the berm has eroded do we need to remove those structures before the sand is put back in or will they just be covered up :?:
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:48 am

rredmann wrote:I have a question probably for Kenny. Many of us have had to extend our steps where the berm has eroded do we need to remove those structures before the sand is put back in or will they just be covered up :?:
Most likely they will be covered up, which I think is a good thing.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:37 am

Kenny Wilder wrote:Most likely they will be covered up, which I think is a good thing.
So that they will still be there when the sand - again - moves away (but will probably need some repair?)?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “2016 Beach Renourishment ~ 2006 Beach Restoration ~ Current Sand Conditions”