UPDATE - NAVARRE BEACH BERM and DUNE RESTORATION

2016 Navarre Beach Renourishment Project and the 2006 Navarre Beach Restoration Project. And updates/issues about beach storm surge sand erosion, dune vegetation, sea turtle/shorebird nesting and other.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:11 am

UPDATE - NAVARRE BEACH BERM and DUNE RESTORATION

NAVARRE BEACH BERM and DUNE RESTORATION
Post-Storm Recovery Conceptual Design Report
CLICK HERE FOR PDF DOCUMENT
Be patient - this is a huge file!

VIDEO - Monday, Feburary 23, 2009 Commissioners Meeting
Berm and Dune Restoration Discussion
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

E-mail From Commissioner Gordon Goodin and Roger Blaylock, County Engineer
From: Commissioner Goodin [mailto:CommGoodin@santarosa.fl.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:52 PM
To: kenny@navarrebeachphotos.com
Subject: FW: Navarre Beach Conceptual Design Report

Hello Kenny- I sent you (in another e-mail) a video of Monday's meeting where the Board discussed the dune repair. I was in Orlando on DOT work and missed the meeting. Because there is likely going to be a truck haul (if the project goes forward), I will have a conflict of interest and will have to recuse myself from the vote. Even though I'm prohibited from doing business directly with the County, I am one of only a handful of white sand suppliers in Northwest Florida. I am the closest source and would probably be the supplier to whoever contracts with the County for the job. If possible, I am going to avoid any discussion of the project too.

The attached document and the video should provide most answers about the project- and probably give us insomniacs a good nights rest.

Regards to all-

gg

Gordon Goodin
Santa Rosa County Commissioner, District 4
850-983-1876

www.santarosa.fl.gov

www.GulfCoastAerospaceandDefense.com

Public Records Notice
Florida has a very broad public records law. Written communications to or from elected officials regarding official matters are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your e-mail and other communications are subject to public disclosure.

Sent: Tue 2/10/2009 2:42 PM
To: Board of County Commissioners
Cc: Hunter Walker
Subject: Navarre Beach Conceptual Design Report
Commissioners,

Attached is the conceptual design report from Coastal Tech recommending Alternate 2, a 45,000 cy fill project. This quantity is approximately 33,000 cy more than the amount FEMA is considering for their 75% participation. The FEMA field engineer is reviewing documentation for a project worksheet (PW) to provide 11,900 cy of truck-haul sand with re-vegetation to the west end of our dune system. We anticipate a response from FEMA in the form of an executable PW in the next few days. The Board will need to consider the scope and funding of a dune repair project once we receive FEMA's PW. The estimated cost difference between the two projects is $660,000 in addition to our 12.5% FEMA match of $42,000. I've forwarded a copy of the report to each of your offices. Please call with questions,

Roger A. Blaylock, P.E.
Santa Rosa County Engineer
850 981-7100 Office
850 983-2161 FAX
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:02 am

So whats the deal with the west end dune restoration? Is it still "in the works"?

Return to “2016 Beach Renourishment ~ 2006 Beach Restoration ~ Current Sand Conditions”