where did it go? [The beach erosion thread]

2016 Navarre Beach Renourishment Project and the 2006 Navarre Beach Restoration Project. And updates/issues about beach storm surge sand erosion, dune vegetation, sea turtle/shorebird nesting and other.
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Thu May 07, 2009 12:47 pm

didn't someboday post this morning asking about beach erosion? and pkid also replied.....

:?:
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu May 07, 2009 1:13 pm

I can not speak for anyone but myself but perhaps it is because this issue has been addressed several times previously or that I may have provided an answer that reflected negatively on the condition of the beach, thus possibly giving other prospective vacationers, reason to re-think their vacation plans.

If the latter is the case, I can assure everyone, Navarre is as strong as ever and all will have plenty of sand, water and fun to enjoy. Come on down....I am! In fact, it will be my second of three trips down this summer!
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Thu May 07, 2009 1:30 pm

i have been to NB too, and plan at least one other trip this summer - more, if i can! :D

it really is the most beautiful place.
kcblond

Thu May 07, 2009 2:56 pm

I think the messages from earlier got moved over to the forum titles Beach Restoration. My earlier comment was moved also. I have a specific concern in getting a beachwheelchair onto the sand but I can see where too much conversation about the possible change in beach conditions might not be a happy comment. Its truly a wonderful place and its still 100% better than any other beach I have ever seen.
Ginny
THE HARDEST THING IS TO KNOW WHICH BRIDGE TO CROSS AND WHICH TO BURN
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Thu May 07, 2009 6:22 pm

ok, i see them.

thanks, kcblond!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri May 08, 2009 7:12 am

How to search for information on the Forum

How to search Keywords for topic title and message text

By using the Forum’s Search tool at the top of every page you can open up all posts that include the keywords such as “photos”, “beach erosion”, “fishing pier”, “national seashore” and other keywords. The Forum’s Search tool works similar to the Google keywords search engine.

Example: Let’s say that you want to search for all the photos that have been posted over the past 3 years on the Forum. Just follow the easy steps as follows:

Step 1: Click on the Search tool at the top of the Forum page.

Step 2: Type in your keyword “photos” and click Search.

Step 3: Now you can click on all the posts that include photos or discuss the keywords photo or photos.

Step 3: You also can refine your search by utilizing the Author (Username) or the Search Options tools.

The Search tool should greatly assist you in finding information in an old post or locating posts that have been moved to other Forums by the Administrator/Moderator.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
lovenavarre

Fri May 08, 2009 11:12 am

I was the one who had posted the question. I didn't realize there was another forum for erosion. Reason I had asked was that the view westward from the cam looked like it had eroded since last year, or maybe the sea oats just filled in nicely.

Anyhow, we will be there in 2 months. Family has been going for 20 years and wouldn't go anywhere else. It is still one of the most beautiful beaches with the most wonderful people. It's the one week a year we are truly at peace.

Thanks
Last edited by lovenavarre on Fri May 08, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
lovenavarre

Fri May 08, 2009 11:18 am

One other thing - my question was more of a concern about the erosion - nothing would stop me from going to Navarre. I just know how much time and effort was put into the restoration of the beach and the berm/sand oats.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat May 09, 2009 8:41 am

We took a supper to the beach last evening (cheese, sausage, garlic olive hummas, some olive tampenade, crackers, fruit, etc. - wine) - went over the handicapped ramp walk-over about halfway down (near Michigan intersection - can roll the cooler with chairs and tables strapped on - at least until get to the sand).
Besides a lot of new sand piling up by the berm (the gulf side of walkover appeared to be buried by 2-3+feet of sand in height - and several feet in width.
There was about 100-feet of sand from end of walkover to a 2-3-foot drop (high tide line?) - then 10-20 more to water.
At least at that point - a LOT of sand!
And did you all see that full moon last evening!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
David
Power User
Power User

Sat May 09, 2009 8:54 am

How romantic! Who scored the points putting that together? :wink:
David
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun May 10, 2009 6:40 am

Team effort - we like to try to do that once every couple of weeks during daylight savings season - occasionally with others.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “2016 Beach Renourishment ~ 2006 Beach Restoration ~ Current Sand Conditions”