My Photos Today of Hurricane Isaac’s Storm Surge

2016 Navarre Beach Renourishment Project and the 2006 Navarre Beach Restoration Project. And updates/issues about beach storm surge sand erosion, dune vegetation, sea turtle/shorebird nesting and other.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:44 pm

I have created a Photo Gallery of photos that I photographed today of 8 locations that show the beach erosion yesterday and today caused by Hurricane Isaac’s storm surge. You can view all my photos by clicking on the link below.

http://www.pbase.com/kennywilder/hurric ... arre_beach

When my Photo Gallery opens you will see 24 thumb images. Click on a thumb image and it will open to a larger size. Under the image click on the size “Original” to view the image in the largest size (high resolution). Under each image there is a description of the area where the image was photographed.

My Assessment: Many areas of the beach received additional sand and many areas lost sand. The last half mile of the beach was hammered by strong storm surge resulting in significant beach erosion. Look at my photos and feel free to ask questions about the current beach conditions.

The winds and storm surge is decreasing every hour. If you are planning to visit Navarre Beach tomorrow or this weekend you are going to have a great experience. Come on down!
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Lagunatic
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Wow :!:
Remember, where your treasure is, there your heart is also.
Sal

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Great Pictures. Hoping to be in Navarre Friday!!
flamingoqueen

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 pm

We have reservations for this weekend through Tuesday. Four of us are NB frequent visitors, and 2 are Navarre virgins. Though this will not be the NB we wanted to introduce our friends to, it will still be the NB we LOVE!!! Get out of the way, Isaac, and all your little remnants! These flamingo queens and our Cabana Boys are coming to play!
"Nothing is worth more than THIS day"
jennjeff1
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Great shots as usual Kenny! I went out today but only to the pier area which was crowded and the Pier Bar was open with a big crowd there as well. While I was out there around 1830-1900 the county structural engineer was out there taking pics as well with his hard hat on.

Seems like things should be back to normal by this weekend--which is not forecast at this time to have any rain!!! :)

BRING ON THE TOURISTS!

~Jeff
wregle
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks for the great pictures Kenny! Anxious to get there and see for myself. Hopefully arriving Friday!
You can shake the sand from your shoes but it never leaves your soul
kcblond

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:21 pm

great pics as usual Kenny,,,,,, especially the one of the brick house on the west end. That is gorgeous. I now have new wallpaper on my computer,,,,, thanks for the glimpse of paradise again. See you all soon.
Ginny
THE HARDEST THING IS TO KNOW WHICH BRIDGE TO CROSS AND WHICH TO BURN
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 am

Some nice wide angle shots there ... showing the clouds and mood after the storm.

I guess you didn't see any real damage to buildings then?
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
flamingoqueen

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:09 am

Thank You KENNY for these great shots. We've been following the forum all week; using your information to help us in our decision to keep our Labor Day weekend plans. We anticipate another great vacation on Navarre, in spite of Isaac! Keep the photo's coming!
"Nothing is worth more than THIS day"
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 am

Thank you very much Kenny for taking your valuable time to photograph the aftermath of Isaac. Indeed, the Western end looks like it did after Ivan. Flat as a board. Oh well....it will be pretty again and in about 2 weeks or less, just a different pretty.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 am

Thank you so much for taking and sharing these pics!!!
Christmas without Christ is just a mess.

bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:46 am

lvthebch wrote:"House Rules 1. Remove shoes 2. Fix cold drink 3. Get sunglasses 4. Sit down 5. Relax You're at the Beach!"
I can relate to THAT...
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:48 am

Love your line, lvthebch and how true it is.

I am sure I am no different than any other Navarre lover but I can for hours, simply sit in my chair, under the umbrella, my toes just digging a hole in the sand and just gaze out into the Gulf...just being, seeing and listening. No talking, no music and with the exception of God's sounds, just silence. I know you know the feeling, I have seen you do it!!! :D
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Kenny, a million thanks for the pix ... excellent coverage!

Yep, P'Kid ... wishin' I were there right now, as a matter of fact!!! It's so therapeutic for the soul!

Like ARschrek's byline says: "The crying gulls -- the thundering surf -- the song of the sea... All are music to my ears." Amen, Sister!

8)
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “2016 Beach Renourishment ~ 2006 Beach Restoration ~ Current Sand Conditions”