New Fees & Taxes effective 9-1-09

Here is the forum you will find lots of information, photos and discussion about the Navarre Mainland, Navarre Town Center, Heart of Navarre and Santa Rosa County. Areas included are Gulf Breeze, Pace, Milton and other communities in Santa Rosa County.

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:39 am

An e-mail I just received from ABATE of FL --- of interest to all FL citizens:

New taxes and fees in FL
Very important if you live if Florida starting in Sept 2009 be ready...

New link now in effect:
http://www.flhsmv.gov/DHSMVfees.htm

Hey everyone,

On September 1st, 2009, The State of Florida will increase the registration fee on all vehicles for both new and re-newels for cars, motorcycles, boats, trucks, trailers, etc. The increase will be on average of 100% what you paid last year. Some examples that I found report that if your fee was $36 it will now be $57. If it was $109 it will now be $229. So it will vary depending on the vehicle.

The good news is (if you can call it that) per Florida Law you can pay your registration fees up to 90 days in advance and now we can pay for two years not just one year at a time. So if you are due to renew your registration in Sept, Oct., or Nov. It will save you a lot of money to pay BEFORE September 1st and pay for two years.

Also Driver's License fees are going up an additional $26.

Here's a comparison chart, old and new (pdf):
http://www.flhsmv.gov/NewFeesFullSchedule.pdf

Darrin "Scribe" Brooks,
State Legislative Trustee,
ABATE of Florida, Inc.
Last edited by AngelGirl on Sun May 23, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:57 am

I went to the County Annex on Highway 98 last week and registred tags for my three vehicles, cargo trailer, boat trailer and boat for two additional years. I saved over $500.00 or more by doing it now.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:07 pm

I got the two year tags on everything in my name in Feb. Hubby's birthday is in Sept. Guess I better get his done before they expire.
MarilynHolman

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:12 am

Have your license renew or else you will be charge of Florida drivers license suspension.

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Navarre Mainland and Santa Rosa County”