Beautiful Spring in Santa Rosa County!

Here is the forum you will find lots of information, photos and discussion about the Navarre Mainland, Navarre Town Center, Heart of Navarre and Santa Rosa County. Areas included are Gulf Breeze, Pace, Milton and other communities in Santa Rosa County.

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:50 am

The spring wildflowers, trees and shrubs as well as landscapes are in gorgeous bloom this spring! Even with the winter damage to palms and succulents over this colder-than-usual winter, it seems like nature is truly out-doing itself! In particular, the wisteria seems to be making a grand showing right now!

A drive around any part of the county is truly a feast for the senses! Later this month I'm planning to post some photos of various spring scenes I encounter in my travels around the county.

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:34 am

AG - I love the colors of the wisteria. I'd like to plant one and grow it like a tree instead of a vine .... not sure if that's possible. Also I'm wondering how much care it needs. Is it messy .... in other words, is there a lot of cleaning up to do when the blooming season is over?

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:41 pm

There's one that like that in a yard (near Spencer Field just a mile south of our home) that is trained on a trellis-like frame ... I'll be posting a photo of it pretty soon! I don't know about the maintenance. As to growing them, I don't think they require much because I see the vines growing wild in the forested areas near our home and they look just like the varieties I see in landscaping.

There's a yard at the west end of Berryhill Rd that has a white wisteria and a lavender one and they're both trimmed like small trees. Very picturesque!

:mrgreen:
A.G.
Last edited by AngelGirl on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:28 pm

While checking out the development taking place in a brand new subdivision opening up in Pace, I saw these wild wisteria blooming ... the blooms trailed through the trees for over a block or more!

For the full effect, click on the image below to get a larger image:

:-)
AngelGirl

EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:32 am

Aren't they beautiful! Thanks AG for posting the pictures.

I'm noticing more and more of them just growing in the wild, so apparently, they don't need much care or attention. There's a home and the end of our street that has one planted in their front yard. It is so pretty and bushy .... even hanging into the driveway. Think I'll call some nurseries tomorrow to see if they have any.

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 am

Sounds like a plan! It's probably a lot easier to get one that is already basically the shape that fits your landscape than to start one from a cutting!

Friday enroute to the grocery store, I was going to take a photo of the one I saw on the arbor trellis but there was a big ol' pickup truck riding my bumper and no place to pull over ... doncha just hate that???

;-)
A.G.
AngelGirl

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:47 am

AngelGirl,

VERY NICE PHOTOS! Thanks for showing what the northern part of County looks like this time of the year. Don't forget about the wildflowers that are now blooming in the forests.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Have seen a lot of them ... unfortunately,"someone" :roll: won't slow down for me to take photos!!! LOL

The blackberries are in GREAT abundance ... should be a good crop this year! Surely could use a good soaking rain up here, though. Didn't take us long to figure out how Berryhill Rd got it's name!!!! (Mind like a steel trap!)

:lol:
A.G.
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:21 am

A field of crimson clover near Chumuckla:

AngelGirl

David
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:17 pm

God with a little help from Mother Nature paints the landscape.

The wild flowers are my favorites as they bloom.

Spring is my favorite time of the year as the dawn is my favorite time of day. Nature (my favorite church) comes to life, God proves he exists.
David
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun May 09, 2010 5:57 pm

OK, I missed photographing the dogwood and a few of the things blooming the same time, but this year's dewberry or blackberry crop is as prolific as I've ever seen it! Doesn't that bring back childhood memories?

Ahhhh-chooo! Have you guys noticed the wild hedgebloom? (If I'm not mistaken it is wild "privet".) Geez, in some places along Berryhill Rd and highway 90, it looks like snow!

Then, there's wild honeysuckle everywhere!
The bees are lovin' it!
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon May 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Southern charm!

A.G.
Last edited by AngelGirl on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngelGirl

EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Tue May 18, 2010 10:24 am

AHHHHH - Beautiful magnolias! They are so pretty. Thanks AG.

EBB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu May 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Hubby saw something dart across our yard and when he looked out, this is the little critter he saw snooping around the area where we leave food for the Ivan cat that "lives" in the woods behind our house:

Took this photo from behind the glass patio door ... then cropped and enlarged the photo. He darted back into the woods within seconds after I got this shot. Showing up in broad daylight like that, I hope he's not rabid!!
Didn't seem to be exhibiting any strange behavior except for being out in "civilization" in the mid-afternoon.

Isn't he or she a beautiful fox!

A.G.
AngelGirl

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm

AngelGirl you have turned out to be quite a nature photographer. Thanks for posting photos from the northern part of the County.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “Navarre Mainland and Santa Rosa County”