Navarre Library Landscaping

Here is the forum you will find lots of information, photos and discussion about the Navarre Mainland, Navarre Town Center, Heart of Navarre and Santa Rosa County. Areas included are Gulf Breeze, Pace, Milton and other communities in Santa Rosa County.

EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:27 am

I haven't read anything on here about the terrible thing that happened at the Library. Santa Rosa County calls it a "miscommunication" .... a couple of weeks ago, on a Friday night after the library had closed, some large equipment from the county arrived and removed all landscaping, shrubs and trees around the building. They then piled it behind the building. First explanation was to cut maintenance costs. :shock: The County did not initially do the landscaping, or the tending to it. I believe the Garden Club and Friends of the Library were nurturing the landscaping.

It's just a horrible thing .... a mistake? And how is the County going to correct this?
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 am

:roll:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20110621/NEW ... |FRONTPAGE

Santa Rosa apologizes for landscape mix-up
Written by: From staff reports

10:06 AM, Jun. 21, 2011|

Santa Rosa County has apologized for a miscommunication that led to the wrong plants being removed from the grounds at the Navarre Library overnight Friday.

The work had been scheduled to provide better visibility to the library's night drop box and a bed of flowers planted by the Navarre Garden Club, Santa Rosa County Administrator Hunter Walker said.

However, plants removed from the library grounds included three crape myrtle trees as well as numerous Indian hawthorne shrubs, azalea bushes and other plants. The club maintains the landscape along with the Friends of the Navarre Library.

"The county would like to express our sincere apologies to the Navarre Garden Club and the Friends of the Navarre Library," Walker said. The county will work with the club and the Friends of the Library
to replace the destroyed plants.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 am

This is what I mean about the, "County" and those supposedly in charge of decision making there. By all the reports and all the actions (at least the negative ones), it appears there are people there that perhaps should be in other lines of work and probably those not involving decision making! How does something like this happen? One would think there would be checks and balances, PO's cut, Work Orders cut, a "go-to" person or contact and frankly.....just basic, God given common sense would dictate that this doesn't sound right!

"Hey....I need you and your crew to go rip out all the lanscaping at the Library and just pile it in the back!" Sounds a little suspicious doesn't it? Like maybe, check and re-check to see if those are the real plans!!!!!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:43 am

If you want something stupid to happen to you rather than turning to God and common sense, then turn to the federal government, your state government and your local government. Your cup will runneth over with great stupidity.

The dumbing of America unfortunately seems to be a daily experience.

And we wonder why businesses are leaving America in droves. It’s not being advertised in the media by these companies in fear of retaliation from the Obama administration. About 35% to 40% of my new customers this year are in foreign countries. Wake up America before it’s too late!
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:37 am

You are correct Kenny! I challenge anyone to name one agency, one program, one single thing that the government (Federal, State or Local) has done or implemented that is prospering, flourishing and running like a well oiled machine. There is no responsibility and no accountability in either of those. Then you add lack of education and/or common sense to that and you have a recipe for total disaster.

Is it any wonder Obama and his corrupt administration is pushing so hard for Government jobs and NOT the private sector?? Wonder why?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:25 am

AngelGirl wrote: The county will work with the club and the Friends of the Library to replace the destroyed plants.
So the taxpayers not only will pay for the contractor who removed the wrong plants - but also now will pay for the materials and labor to replace them?
Talk about "waste in government" - two expenses, neither of which was necessary.
Sheesh!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
badrian

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 am

Message Removed by the Administrator - Spam Advertising is not allowed on this Forum unless you follow the guidelines in the link below.

http://navarrebeachlife.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6630

Return to “Navarre Mainland and Santa Rosa County”