NKOJ Golf Tournament in May

Here is the forum you will find lots of information, photos and discussion about the Navarre Mainland, Navarre Town Center, Heart of Navarre and Santa Rosa County. Areas included are Gulf Breeze, Pace, Milton and other communities in Santa Rosa County.

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:33 am

When someone has the "deadline" for the Navarre Krew of Jester's Golf Tournament in May (the 16th to be exact), would you be kind enough to post. I have contacted the young lady who supposedly has that information, looked on the NKOJ site and also gone to the Club at Hidden Creek to seek the deadline for signing up date and it can not be found. I have the date, the cost, the club, the registration but no deadlines to enter. I need that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:22 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:When someone has the "deadline" for the Navarre Krew of Jester's Golf Tournament in May (the 16th to be exact), would you be kind enough to post. I have contacted the young lady who supposedly has that information, looked on the NKOJ site and also gone to the Club at Hidden Creek to seek the deadline for signing up date and it can not be found. I have the date, the cost, the club, the registration but no deadlines to enter. I need that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I looked all over for that info, too. I did notice that registration is at 7:30 the morning of the event ... could that be a clue??
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:57 pm

I have to think that they will cut it off at some point. We are still working on who may come or not and I just don't want to miss the deadline. Perhaps we are just too far out right now. It is 2.5 months away.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:28 am

Update - additional info - and registration (and sponsorship) forms on NKOJ website:

http://nkoj.org/ Forms at tab at top (or hot-links on top of home page write-up).

Advised, while would like registrations a week prior (for planning) - if not pre-registered and show up at 7:30 AM day of - will be happy to take money and have you play.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 am

Hey Pete! A couple of updates from my side. I and my three buddies are still kinda thinking about playing the Tournament but I am getting far more enthusiasm from the other three to play A.C. Read on the base a couple of times for the price of one tournament. At least that is the feeling I am getting. Not for certain yet but I know they have all played Hidden Creek, Tiger Point and A.C. Read and they really like the Naval Base course. In fact, the Lakeview Course was closed last summer, so they are excited to add that one to the list. Also, since our time there is going to be so limited and the tournament has a 9:00 am start time, they are wanting to start about two hours prior to that to get to the beach. So, not sure quite yet what the plan is but greatly appreciate the updated information. I shall send it along.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu May 15, 2014 10:32 am

Hey, Pete ~ considering the recent downpours, is the NKOJ Tournament still on? Just wondering!!

8)
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat May 17, 2014 11:10 am

Yes, it was on - but the golf tourney for the Santa Rosa kids house was rescheduled to same day (yesterday) on same course (3-hours later) - and the NKOJ had a very disappointing turn out.
(though did OK on tee-box sign sponsors).
Understand there was also another longer-established large golf tournament at Eglin, too.
Too much competition.
Krewe will have to go back to drawing board for funding next parade.
We still have the Labor Day weekend "Ducky Derby" and mullet toss, etc,, too. -the other "major" fundraiser for parade costs.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue May 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Pete,

I know I talked a good game on the golf tournament and had hoped to play in it but the other guys wanted to play Hidden Creek that day and it was $55 dollars cheaper.

Hey....for fund raising for next year, what about potentially holding the following:

Gumbo Cookoff - certain amount per 2-4 person team
Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament - $100 buy in for prizes
Fishing Rodeo (kayak/pier or from the beach or all the above) Biggest fish from all venues gets a prize
Bike to Pensacola Beach and Back Contest
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed May 21, 2014 8:13 am

Will pass ideas along. Tks.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “Navarre Mainland and Santa Rosa County”