Your Favorite Christmas DVD

vickinoe
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:56 am

Well, the Christmas trees are going up in the stores and tomorrow is November 1. I guess it's time to start talking Christmas. :D Christmas is my favorite time of the year. It's my one day a year where I have complete and total peace with the world. A beautiful day it is. It's almost like the world comes to a stop and I can catch my breath and just enjoy a few moments of joie de vivre along with the babe in the manger. And so as Halloween comes to a close and the Christmas season begins, let's talk about our favorite Christmas DVD's. My favorite is "The Homecoming," available from Amazon for a mere 12.99. It stars Richard Thomas as the young writer-to-be, John-Boy, and Patricia Neal plays his mother. Very nice storyline and the acting hardly seems like acting at all. In fact, sometimes I think of the Waltons as my family at Christmas. :D It's got plenty of snow. Of course, being a northerner, Christmas and snow go hand in hand. So, tell me, what is your favorite Christmas DVD?

Last edited by vickinoe on Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tex-Sis
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:57 pm

Gosh, after reading this, I can smell my wintertime evergreen frost candles already! :D

I also love "The Homecoming."

When it comes to Christmas movies, I'm a traditionalist, I suppose. My favs that I look forward to watching each year...

Always did like Jimmie Stewart...

"Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight....and dance by the light of the moon" ~~ what a great scene ...

Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" ~~ love it, love it ...
"To unpathed waters, undreamed shores."
~Shakespeare~

"The Arts can open your heart, free your soul, and inspire your spirit to reach through the blue sky for endless possibilities."
vickinoe
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:09 pm

Good choice Tex.

Listen to Christmastime Is Here by Piano Tribute Players on Rhapsody:

http://www.rhapsody.com/goto?rcid=tra.1 ... lsrc=RN_im

Last edited by vickinoe on Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vickinoe
Power User
Power User

Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:34 pm

One of my other favorites is "The Sound of Music". It goes great with a steamy cup of hot chocolate and a bag of popcorn at Christmas or New Years. After watching "The Sound of Music" the songs play on and on in my head for a few more weeks. Has anyone else observed that post-movie phenomenon with this movie?

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Movies”