Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center"

Tex-Sis
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:03 pm

At first, I was reluctant to rent the newly released Oliver Stone movie, "World Trade Center," (just too soon, and I'm not a Stone fan) but now I am glad I did.

The movie is well made, with top notch actors, including Nicholas Cage, Maggie Gyllenhaal, among others. It focuses on two NYC Port Authority policemen who were trapped in the rubble on 9/11. I was surprised at how little had been told of these two men, and clearly, their story needs to be shared.

Uplifting story...
"To unpathed waters, undreamed shores."
~Shakespeare~

"The Arts can open your heart, free your soul, and inspire your spirit to reach through the blue sky for endless possibilities."
David
Power User
Power User

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:00 am

Tex, I totally agree. I, also, was reluctant and sort of expected it to leave me, again, depressed over the loss of lives. It was uplifting. I hope the other 18 (only 20 total) survivors had as positive an outcome with as much love to share as these two. What fortunate families, uh?
David
Tex-Sis
Power User
Power User

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:57 pm

David,
Yes, I also thought of how fortunate they were, which of course reminded me of tremendous numbers who were not so fortunate. With as much as both went through afterwards, they were quite lucky to have such close families.

I didn't want to give too much away, so I didn't bring up the "other" two guys until I knew if someone had seen it. I'm referring to those 2 marines, especially the one they featured more. Wasn't he simply incredible? I was blown away that that was a true story and that I'd never heard it before. What heroes both of those guys were/are. Every American should know their names!
"To unpathed waters, undreamed shores."
~Shakespeare~

"The Arts can open your heart, free your soul, and inspire your spirit to reach through the blue sky for endless possibilities."
David
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:53 am

"FORTITUDINE!!" (With courage) "SEMPER FI!!" (Always faithful)

Agreed, many responded as these two did risking their own well being to try and save others. And many ex-service personnell immediately re-enlisted in order to help make right what the terrorists tried to destroy. What a super show of what this country is supposed to be about. What a shame that many do not support those servicemen and women and their families, in all endeavors, as they should.
David
silverwings
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:54 pm

i can't stand to see it blown up one more time - it was on the air constantly for so long so many times.

but then i have been avoiding all movies for way to long - i just can't handle violence - i have walked out of so many movies.

the last movie that i enjoyed was mulholland dr by david lynch.

oh and i love huckabees - that was pretty funny and introspective.

i must admit that i have become really culturally limited in not exploring more movies. i can only watch them in a theater cause i can't sit still long enough to watch t-v.

Return to “Movies”