"One Last Dance"

Tex-Sis
Power User
Power User

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:52 pm

"One Last Dance"

I’d like to recommend a movie in honor of my very good friend and dance partner, David, who I lost years ago on this day, February 13th. David and I were co-directors of a dance company we created and both of us had previously danced with the Swayze’s …

The movie, “One Last Dance” features dancers Patrick Swayze and his wife, Lisa Niemi, who wrote and directed the film. For the dancing alone, the movie is absolutely worth every minute of watching. At their age, their level of passion and performance is an inspiration to us all.

~~~Patrick and Lisa first met as dancers at his mother’s Houston dance studio, which is where I took master dance classes in summers when I was still in school. As young dancers, we looked up to the “elder” Patrick and Lisa as if they were the reigning King and Queen of the studio (which they were!). Gloriously graceful and powerful dancers, then and now.

David danced with the Swayze company for years, and the Swayze’s, especially renown choreographer Patsy and Patrick’s sister Bambi (who is the Korean dancer in this movie) assisted David and I with our dance company and continued to actively support it until I closed the company after David’s passing. ...

One Last Dance...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6431 ... ick-swayze

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Last_ ... 2003_film)
"To unpathed waters, undreamed shores."
~Shakespeare~

"The Arts can open your heart, free your soul, and inspire your spirit to reach through the blue sky for endless possibilities."
cshells
Power User
Power User

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:58 pm

This looks great Tex. I'll look forward to seeing it.
Tex-Sis
Power User
Power User

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:28 pm

cshells,
I know you'll enjoy it. They made it in 2003 but it only came out for rent in 2006.

If you do watch it, let me know what you think.

~~TS
"To unpathed waters, undreamed shores."
~Shakespeare~

"The Arts can open your heart, free your soul, and inspire your spirit to reach through the blue sky for endless possibilities."

Return to “Movies”