Navarre Restaurant Update Needed

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
Arlo

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:16 pm

I have a "crib sheet" of restaurants that I need to update. Could you who are local or who have visited recently advise of any additions or deletions from the following list?

Thanks. - Arlo

- - -

Alphy's Catfish House
1900 Hwy. 87 S.
Ph. (850) 515-1201

Bayou Bob's Seafood & Southern Cooking
8662 Navarre Parkway
1/4 mile east of Navarre bridge
Winn Dixie Shopping Center
Ph. (850) 939-5455

Cactus Flower Café (Mexican)
8725 Ortega Park Dr
Navarre, FL
Ph. (850) 936-4111

Cocodrie's Restaurant
8649 Gulf Blvd.
Navarre Beach, FL
Ph. (850) 939-8777

D'Won's Bayou Buffet
Boondocks Building
(same building as Helen Back)
8651 Navarre Parkway
Navarre, FL
Ph. (850) 396-7799

East Bay Crab House
9250 Navarre Parkway
Navarre, FL
Ph. (850) 939-5543

El Patron Mexican Grille
8137 Navarre Parkway
Navarre, FL
Ph. (850) 936-0950

Guglielimos Italian Grill
7289 Navarre Parkway
Navarre, FL
Ph. (850) 936-9030

Hachi Grill Japanese Express
1817 Alpine Dr
Navarre, FL

Helen Back Again (Great Pizza)
Boondocks Building
8651 Navarre Parkway
Navarre, FL
Ph. (850) 396-6568

Johnny Huston's Grille & Bar
7634 Navarre Parkway
Navarre, FL

Lark's Nest - Coffee shop and Café
1824 Alpine and Hwy 98
Navarre, FL
(850)

The Rib Shack of Navarre
9532 Navarre Pkwy.
Navarre, FL
(850) 936-4244

Sailor's Grill & Juana's Pagodas
Navarre Beach Causeway
Navarre, FL
(850) 939-1092

Sal's Pizzeria & Grill
6903 Navarre Pkwy
Navarre, FL

TC's Front Porch
8558 Navarre Pkwy.
Navarre, FL
(850) 936-1601

Tuscan Grille at Hidden Creek
3070 PGA Boulevard
Navarre, FL
(850) 939-1942

Vinnie R's Italian
7552 Navarre Pkwy - Harvest Village
Navarre, FL
Ph. (850) 936-4811
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 am

Bayou Bob's - closing soon (closed?) - ecomomy.

D'Won's - no longer a buffett - does Sunday Brunch, menu dinners, understand that plans to start a Monday prime rib special (maybe just first Monday of month? - think I heard maybe about $11.99?)

Cocodries - has reopened (was closed all summer) - not sure of menu, hours?

Rest of list still here (as far as I know) - assume you know things like Tuscan Grill at Hidden Creek is lunches - and only dinner's are Wednesday and Friday nights? Gulielimo's is closed Monday's and Tues lunch.

Will mention - Gulielimo's and Cactus Flower are wife's/my favorites - go to those two much more than others for dinner.
Remember Cactus Flower is "California-Mex" - not the usual "Tex-Mex" - there IS a difference!

You didn't have Kazbor's (Publix shopping mall) - has dropped franchise and is now "Paco's" - same owners, somewhat different menu.

New - there is food at the new Navarre Pier (outdoors - they are planning a deck expansion and some cover, but not "enclosed"?) - burgers, dogs, beer, etc. Great view! Haven't eaten there - yet.

New BBQ down by the Zoo - "Dirt Road Cookers" - limited hours - especially Sun - Tues. Haven't eaten there - but had food catered from them - quite good.

New - "Mekong Thai" - behind Whitney Bank (not far from Cactus Flower) - quite good compared to other Thai in area - in our opinion.

New Sushi Place across 98 from Cactus Flower - had one lunch there - good.

Some other small places tucked in strip malls - some over in Palm Plaza (by new Walmart east of Navarre, other than "Rib Shack", and further east) - and then if go west - several places by Walmart near Garcon Point Bridge (e.g., Ruby Tuesday's, Taco Bravo, etc. - more) and, of course the "fast food" places - McD's, BK, Taco Bell, KFC, Church's Chicken, Whataburger, Tops Burgers, etc.?

Then huge selection if go to P'cola Beach - several new, good (Grand Marlin, Frank & Lola in Margaritaville Hotel and adjacent Landshark Landing, others) - or P'cola and FWB/Destin (most of old standards = long list - and few that have closed).

---- too bad the Hawkeye's faded so the end of football season - looked good early when they were ranked - some big wins! (Wife is a "Hawkeye".)
Last edited by Pete on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:43 am

Boy, Pete .... You're the "go-to" guy for restaurants! There is also some type of Asian inspired restaurant in the strip mall across 98 from Publix (where the NYFD pizza place is).

I sure wish Paco's would put a menu on line. I like to see a menu before I go so I can decide what I want when I get there.

D'Wons is very good and the prices are reasonable. The only negative I would have is that it was really cold in the restaurant .... bring a sweater, for sure!
Arlo

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:27 am

Thank you very much for the update, Pete. Just what I was hoping for.

Still curious if the Fish Market is still open near the car wash and if the planned one ever opened at the Boondocks Building. Seems like I recall there were going to have a liquor store also.

We'll be down there in about a month. Wish it were today as we're getting snow blowing sideways at about 30 mph right now.

Arlo
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Sorry, Arlo, I meant to tell you that the Navarre Seafood Mkt. is still open. Boondock's hasn't gone any farther than Helen Back and D'wons ... no liquor store and no seafood store. They do have a big deck out back looking over the water.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Hey Arlo, send us some snow pics please! Already looking forward to the pics you will (Hopefully) be posting when you get to Navarre! :D
skyhigh

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:11 am

Pete wrote:Bayou Bob's - closing soon (closed?) - ecomomy.

D'Won's - no longer a buffett - does Sunday Brunch, menu dinners, understand that plans to start a Monday prime rib special (maybe just first Monday of month? - think I heard maybe about $11.99?)

Cocodries - has reopened (was closed all summer) - not sure of menu, hours? Cocodrie's menu is very limited as the hours Wed-Sat 4PM-9PM. Service was maybe better than before but I really can't say that for the food. Sweet tater tots seem to be the house specialty
Rest of list still here (as far as I know) - assume you know things like Tuscan Grill at Hidden Creek is lunches - and only dinner's are Wednesday and Friday nights? Gulielimo's is closed Monday's and Tues lunch.

Will mention - Gulielimo's and Cactus Flower are wife's/my favorites - go to those two much more than others for dinner.
Remember Cactus Flower is "California-Mex" - not the usual "Tex-Mex" - there IS a difference!

You didn't have Kazbor's (Publix shopping mall) - has dropped franchise and is now "Paco's" - same owners, somewhat different menu.

New - there is food at the new Navarre Pier (outdoors - they are planning a deck expansion and some cover, but not "enclosed"?) - burgers, dogs, beer, etc. Great view! Haven't eaten there - yet.

New BBQ down by the Zoo - "Dirt Road Cookers" - limited hours - especially Sun - Tues. Haven't eaten there - but had food catered from them - quite good.

New - "Mekong Thai" - behind Whitney Bank (not far from Cactus Flower) - quite good compared to other Thai in area - in our opinion.

New Sushi Place across 98 from Cactus Flower - had one lunch there - good.

Some other small places tucked in strip malls - some over in Palm Plaza (by new Walmart east of Navarre, other than "Rib Shack", and further east) - and then if go west - several places by Walmart near Garcon Point Bridge (e.g., Ruby Tuesday's, Taco Bravo, etc. - more) and, of course the "fast food" places - McD's, BK, Taco Bell, KFC, Church's Chicken, Whataburger, Tops Burgers, etc.?

Then huge selection if go to P'cola Beach - several new, good (Grand Marlin, Frank & Lola in Margaritaville Hotel and adjacent Landshark Landing, others) - or P'cola and FWB/Destin (most of old standards = long list - and few that have closed).

---- too bad the Hawkeye's faded so the end of football season - looked good early when they were ranked - some big wins! (Wife is a "Hawkeye".)
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline.
Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”