Navarre Seafood (the store)

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:50 am

Does anyone know if Navarre Seafood is still in business? He was on the forum a couple of years ago very strongly but he has disappeared. Any insight would be appreciated.
LilFeat

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 am

He was there last year and I'm hoping he is still there for our upcoming trip in May. Royal Reds, Cobia etc etc.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:09 am

Haven't been there in awhile, but when we drive by there's always 1 or 2 cars/trucks in the parking lot .... I'm assuming they are still open. May have to stop and give him some business soon.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 am

EBB, if you do stop by...tell him to start advertising more and offering specials to the viewers of NBL. With only 1-2 cars in the parking lot, it would seem that he would welcome more business. I hope to give him some this summer!
Arlo

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

My son and I stopped in on Saturday the 19th just to see if they were still open. Had not noticed many cars in the lot but they had several people in there at that time.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 am

Thank you Arlo!

Ya know, long before Navarre Seafood opened up, Joe Patti's was and in many cases, continues to be the place for seafood. There is no other place, to my knowledge that comes close to the variety of seafood, JP's has. Many memories of JP's that's for sure. I would love to be able to stay a bit closer to home though and would welcome variety and cost competitiveness in Navarre Seafood.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:05 am

I'm thinking they may have parking in the back of the store, too. A lot of people are intimidated about driving on 98 and pulling in and out of businesses there. Living north of 98, we try to find the best route to take without venturing out on 98 .... one less car out there is one less accident waiting to happen.
Navarrian
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:06 am

P'kid,

I stopped by the Navarre Seafood Market yesterday and bought some delicious fresh grouper. I know it was fresh because he filleted it in front of me. :D He had a great assortment of seafood including snapper, grouper, mahi-mahi, tuna, oysters, scallops, octopus, crab, shrimp, crayfish, etc.... They have really done a lot of work inside and it looks ready for the season. The first week in March they are opening an oyster bar in an adjacent area and have already hired a shucker. The bar looks great and their oysters are coming from Apalachicola. They will also serve beer and wine. I'm looking forward to enjoying an oyster bar in good ole Navarre.

Navarrian
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:48 am

Fantastic, Navarrian and Navarre Seafood! I am very excited about that!

The Ramada Inn down in Fort Walton....the one with the mountian and waterfalls in the pool, well years ago they used to have an oyster bar on the east side of the property called....The Pelican's Roost. We used to go over there all the time to have dozens of oysters and ice cold beer. They had two things going for them, actually three things

#1 Great Oyster bar
#2 Great view of the beach
#3 Much better economy

Hopefully all the "oyster" bar discussion, planning, etc, for NB all comes to fruition. I believe as is the case with most things now, the way to fix this economy is to ignore the news, quite literally turn it off, build things, visit places, spend money and it will all come full circle. I think all of us both locals and visitors alike should forget the worries of the country, and spend money and time in Navarre Beach.

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”