Billy Bob's has closed

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:53 am

dolfinfan - Yes, that kid sure had a lot of energy! I haven't seen him lately. But there has been someone dressed like the Statue of Liberty by the entrance to Winn-Dixie luring the people to Liberty Tax Services. I swear that kid is listening to the same radio station we usually have on ... Cat Country (country station out of Pensacola) .... same beat, etc. :lol:
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:41 pm

dolfnfan wrote:Lol!
Every time we drove by that kid my wife would marvel at his energy and wonder how many calories he burned a day!
Last summer when it was extremely hot Dale and I would pull over to the side of the road and hand him several bottles of water. This is a great kid and we honk everytime we pass by him.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
ARschrek

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 pm

I am going going to miss seeing that kid. He had such enthusiasm & energy. P'kid don't feel bad. Being from "Arkansas I might have called it Billy Bob's also.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 am

ARshrek,

When I wrote the thread, Billy did not seem correct to me but.....I had other things on my mind and people were going to know what I meant anyway.
Tracy210T

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:07 am

Kenny Wilder wrote:
dolfnfan wrote:Lol!
Every time we drove by that kid my wife would marvel at his energy and wonder how many calories he burned a day!
Last summer when it was extremely hot Dale and I would pull over to the side of the road and hand him several bottles of water. This is a great kid and we honk everytime we pass by him.
We used to worry about him having a stroke! We'd be coming back from a long day at the beach and he'd be red, soaked in sweat and still dancing like there was no tomorrow.. hope he found something he loves to do, inside! :wink:
... just dreamin' of the beach, as usual...
Tracy210T

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08 am

Oh and yesterday, I was coming back from Walmart in Navarre and saw that East Bay now has outdoor seating :wink:
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:12 am

Tracy....no kidding! Wow, what timing! Wonder if they read the thread and said....heck yeah we should have outdoor seating?
Tracy210T

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:14 am

PensacolaKid wrote:Tracy....no kidding! Wow, what timing! Wonder if they read the thread and said....heck yeah we should have outdoor seating?
:lol:
Plausable! Or they were heading to Walmart for supplies and saw that Shrimp Basket sign!
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:17 am

Tracy - Where is the outdoor seating? On the west side, or in front? I know they used to have a deck on the west side when it was called Toby's, but I haven't noticed anyone out there or even if the deck is still there.
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
Tracy210T

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:20 am

Its on the right side of their building.. yesterday when I drove by it appeared that they were redoing the railing and all.. they were also putting some tables out.. it looked nice..
From A Buick 8

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:31 pm

EastBayBabe wrote:You're right, P'kid, (sorta) .... that was Bayou Bob's in the Winn-Dixie center. There is a new buffet place there now called Geeley Garden. I thought it was an oriental buffet, but hear it has a mix of mediteranian, american, asian, etc. Haven't eaten there, but it's on my bucket list.

No review at this time ... maybe Pete's been there.
This was the first place our family ate at when we made our first trip to Navarre beach. My wife had crawfish for the first time there and my son had shrimp for the first time.
April 2009 was our first trip to Navarre. We would like to visit several times a year but alas we cannot. Can only afford every other year.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:15 am

from a Buick 8,

Then Bayou Bob's probably has some very special meaning to you and your family.
From A Buick 8

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:26 am

Yes it does, we will have to find another local place to stop after our drive this year.

We had stopped there because of reading this forum.
April 2009 was our first trip to Navarre. We would like to visit several times a year but alas we cannot. Can only afford every other year.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:52 am

Well, from which direction do you arrive...Pensacola or Destin? Or do you come straight down 87 from I-10? Either way, you have several memory makers......

Flounders and especially Pegleg Pete's in Pensacola
TC's Front Porch - Navarre
Pier Deck - Navarre
Sailors Grill - Navarre
East Bay Crab - Navarre
Beach Monkey - Navarre
Shrimp Basket - soon to be in Navarre
Navarre Seafood expansion - Navarre
Aegean Breeze - Gulf Breeze
AJ's, Lucky Snapper, Harbor Docks, Dewey Destin's (the older one) - Destin

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”