Entry Fee for the festival

Navarre Beach Fun Fest, Mardi Gras, Beaches to Rivers, and Navarre Beach Arts Festival. Surrounding area has many special events including the Blue Angels’ air shows in July and November and the Pensacola Power of Photography Show.

Charge for attending Gumbo Festival

$10
No votes
$7
No votes
$5
33%
Free
44%
More
11%
Other
11%

Total votes: 9
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:49 pm

Your thoughts
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:36 pm

If you're going to have beer and/or wine, etc., and people will be charged separately for that, I think you have to stay around $5.00 per person, and $2.00 or $2.50 for kids. Really young kids could be free. If you set the price too high, people might say it's a "snooty" group. Not Us!!!

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:42 am

EBB,

I agree with your sentiments, especially in the Panhandle area. I need to keep in mind we are not talking the greater Houston/Dallas area here.

I would wholeheartedly disagree with the person who said the festival should be free UNLESS, we found a way to make the money back through some other means. Afterall, yes, I (we) will be cooking for fun and I love cookoffs, but we are trying to help some people here. There has to be a charge for entry or we are going to have to find other things to charge for.

Now, I am certainly not opposed to having kids come in free. In fact, I am hoping to have several booths or similar type activities for the little yard monkeys.
keywester

Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:45 am

depends on where the festival will be held. how will you collect? location has a lot to do with this.
jcjiii

Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:09 pm

Are you doing it at the beach outside or inside somewhere? What legal ropes do you have to climb to charge for an event on public property? I'd say that the first one should be free regardless and you make any funds by charging an entry fee and by charging to eat the gumbo and have sodas and such.

Once it's more established as an annual event then an entry fee might work.

Return to “Area Special Events”