Festival Proceeds to Benefit....?

Navarre Beach Fun Fest, Mardi Gras, Beaches to Rivers, and Navarre Beach Arts Festival. Surrounding area has many special events including the Blue Angels’ air shows in July and November and the Pensacola Power of Photography Show.

The proceeds should benefit who?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:00 pm

People
33%
Animals
No votes
Things/island
67%

Total votes: 3
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:00 pm

Your thoughts
keywester

Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:32 pm

i liked your idea about the zoo. proceeds can go to something different each year but these days the zoo is in desperate need. wouldn't it be nice to help?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:43 pm

Keywester,

I suppose we should always help people over animals, if presented with a choice, however, animals have no voice and can not help themselves. As God said and provided...we are to be stewards of all animals. I have a special place in my heart for animals. That is why it upsets me to see very large sharks taken out of those waters, as has been done this past Spring and Summer. I am certainly not opposed to giving some proceeds to the animals, be it the zoo or the numerous shelters in the area. They can always use the money.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:59 pm

Hi P'kid -

I was just browsing and re-discovered Kenny's idea about the Sea Turtle fest ... maybe the proceeds could be dedicated to preservation of the sea turtle? Maybe the two fests could be combined? Just a thought.

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
keywester

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:20 am

i love the idea of the funds raised going to a sea turtle preservation program. pkid.... there is talk of combining the two ideas... what do you think? together or seperate events?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:37 am

Looks like a win-win situation to support the zoo, the Butterfly House and the turtles, too, if at all possible. All of these situations in their special way serve our environment here as well as the tourist economy and ecology, thus helping people. :-)

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Area Special Events”