What other booths/events should be available?

Navarre Beach Fun Fest, Mardi Gras, Beaches to Rivers, and Navarre Beach Arts Festival. Surrounding area has many special events including the Blue Angels’ air shows in July and November and the Pensacola Power of Photography Show.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:50 am

Sorry folks, I am at it again. Just trying to make this as successful, fun, exciting and educational as I can.

In conjunction with the actual cookoff, I feel we may need to have other events/booths/activities, etc. for folks while they are walking around.

I am asking for suggestions here. Here are just some of my initial thoughts just off the top of my head and with NO thought. Maybe a small art gallery with some of Kenny's, JohnnyAngels, Navarrians, Kykdave's, etc. pictures/prints. I was also thinking that maybe I could talk David (our resident fishing expert) to give a basic knot tying demonstration and even how to hook up certain fishing rigs. You know, maybe show the crowd with a yellow rope and provide each participant with the fishing line to tie along with. Maybe some little fun things for the kids. Sky's the limit!!
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:49 pm

Sounds like a great idea, P'kid. We DO have some talented people on this forum. I'm trying to figure out what talent I have .... hmmmmm.... that's gonna take a lot of thought! Maybe I could be a greeter?

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
keywester

Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:42 am

the more arts the better, people love that

how about a program for the kids about our island's nature.... we do have a naturalist aboard

perhaps some sandcastle contests (i'm just throwing ideas)things kids like to do... skim board contest/instruction.ect... let's get eco beach/mike and caryn involved.
Fallsacoming

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:39 am

One of our local colleges puts on a Annual Event
(Empty Bowls Hunger Day), 2000 hancrafted bowls, 500 are donated from a local Pottery Studio, You can sample different Soups and Breads from different chef's, you keep the bowl, $12 adult, $4 for children. proceeds benefit our local Food Pantries, People like to add a different bowl to their collection each year. Just an Idea to put our beautiful Beach on the map.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:44 am

Hey, Fallsacoming -

That sounds like a good idea. Are the bowls decorated with the motif of the event, and dated? Wonder how much something like that would cost?

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
Fallsacoming

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:41 am

No specific Theme, what ever the student choses for his style, They are really neat, yes, they do include the year on the bottom. This has been a yearly October event for the last 5 years, because you purchase the bowl, the soup/ bread is included, of course the bread is also made at the school's Chef class. Maybe someone could contact a local college, it is a great fund raiser, plus students get to display their talents!!!!!!!!!!
jcjiii

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:59 pm

I've not been around for a while due to some long work hours so I am just catching up reading all the plans. How about involving the local kids in some entertainment, ie chorus and bands having a time frame to play. No better way to get Mamma out to a festival than to have that little one performing.

You might also be able to get the Santa Rosa Strings classes to perform. They have three different levels of students groups now, and one adult class.

kathy
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:36 am

Very very nice ideas, all! Continue to throw these out as I am making notes on all!

Return to “Area Special Events”