Mardi Gras - Lesse les bon temps roule!

Navarre Beach Fun Fest, Mardi Gras, Beaches to Rivers, and Navarre Beach Arts Festival. Surrounding area has many special events including the Blue Angels’ air shows in July and November and the Pensacola Power of Photography Show.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:43 am

All - we are now officially in the 2008 Mardi Gras season (actually Carnivale, leading to "Fat Tuesday" or Mardi Gras on Feb 5th). The Krewe had a very successful Twelfth Night party/presentation of 2008 Royalty at the Elks Club on Saturday, and are gearing up to host the Navarre Beach parade on Saturday, Feb 2nd!
Grand Marshal for 2008 is Ed Betts, GM of Publix.
Costs have gone up to put it on, so the Krewe is looking for business contributions and support. Hope everyone supports - enter the parade, contribute to expenses (contributors will be publicised/recognized in print/radio etc. spots), or just attend!
POC - President and Parade Chair Wayne Hall - e-mail:
rtchief47@bellsouth.net
Also, having a "Jester for a Day" raffle where a non-Krewe member will win a place on our float for the parade (including a case of throw beads). Chance tickets available from Krewe members (try Liz at Pac-N-Fax, or Glenda at Cutters, for fixed locations).
Also, tickets available to public for the formal (masque optional) Mardi Gras ball on January 26th at Comfort Inn Conference Center- (same sources).
Don't miss either the Ball or Parade - both bigger and better!

(Oops, corrected - the Navarre Ball is the 26th, the FWB ball isthe 19th)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Correction, the Navarre Ball is the 26th - the FWB Ball is the 19th.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi Pete - We were at the parade today ... loved your Krewe! Wish we would have known which one you were, maybe we would have gotten some really good beads. Were you one of the guys with the flowers? Or driving the truck, or ? We had front row seats only a block from the beginning of the parade, but the crowd just kind of wiped us out! The people get a bit over zealous .... but that's what it's all about, I guess! We haven't gone for a few years, and the crowd was unbelievable! A great parade!! I was looking for the Elks Club float, but didn't see it. Were they there, or not? I might have just missed it ... but I didn't think so.

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:36 am

Hi EBB - No, I didn't do the "kisses for flowers" poles (an OLD tradition - from before the Krewe had floats - based on New Orleans "walking krews" - same with our "formal tails and tie" attire).
I was right rear walker on the smaller float (w/o the poles/,masque heads) - I was throwing "king treats" (moon pies), cups, and palm-tree beads.
Appeared (almost) all were having fun. Glad you did.
Off to the P'cola Beach "Krewe of Wrecks" parade today! (feet hurt)
Don't know for sure if Elks had an entry, nor what they looked liked?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “Area Special Events”