Thursday Evenings in Navarre Park

Navarre Beach Fun Fest, Mardi Gras, Beaches to Rivers, and Navarre Beach Arts Festival. Surrounding area has many special events including the Blue Angels’ air shows in July and November and the Pensacola Power of Photography Show.
BartPullum

Thu May 29, 2008 2:05 pm

Thursday Evenings in the Park starts tonight! Live music from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bring your Blankets, Lawn Chairs, Wine and Cheese and enjoy the good music, good weather and good sunset. Music by Emerald Gold. Free to the public. Hope to see you there!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu May 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Dale and I with some nearby neighbors plan to attend tonight's "Thursday Evenings in the Park". The Park for those visiting from out of town is just west of the Navarre Beach Bridge on U.S. Highway 98. Everybody is invited!
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu May 29, 2008 8:47 pm

The first ever "Thursday Evenings at the Park" was fantastic tonight. I saw Bart Pullum at the event and I believe he said that the crowd was estimated to be over 500 people. This event will be every Thursday Evening in the Park during the summer season. The band tonight was absolutely wonderful. They played oldies and some blues. Commissioner Goodin and his family were there to enjoy the band and the spectacular evening sunset.

Dale and I will definitely be at next week's "Thursday Evening at the Park". It is exciting to see the Navarre Beach Area add this weekly event for the summer season. It is a FREE event and everybody including visitors is invited to come out to the Park every Thursday.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:09 am

I've been meaning to reply to this thread. I thought the first nite of
Thur. Eve in Navarre Park was one of the best things I've been to in Navarre for years! The band Emerald Gold (all local guys) were great, the atmosphere was laid back and I saw navarre friends I haven't seen in a long time. I have been going to Blues on the Beach, now Bands on the Beach, for ten years now and it has gotten too big to even find any friends that might be there or a place for a beach chair unless you get there EARLY, something I'm not good at. But Navarre was just right!
I kind of hope this doesn't get too big, I asked a couple of the people that put this together to not advertise anymore and let word of mouth bring in holley/navarre people and our visitors that are interested.
I managed to take a few pics this past Thurs. to give a little idea of what's happening.

Line dancing anyone?

Here is an pictorial from Navarre Press. Go to pg. 8A
http://www.epaperedition.com/Default/Sk ... &AppName=1

If you get a chance stop by with your cooler and lawn chair.
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
itllshine

Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:28 am

Is there a list printed of future Park appearances? I was just wondering who would be playing while we're there. That Thursday would be Aug 21.
Be who you are and say what you feel..
Because those that matter... don't mind...
And those that mind... don't matter."
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:59 am

RELIX
Rock,Bluegrass,Motown Blues and country
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com