Blue Angels Questions

Navarre Beach Fun Fest, Mardi Gras, Beaches to Rivers, and Navarre Beach Arts Festival. Surrounding area has many special events including the Blue Angels’ air shows in July and November and the Pensacola Power of Photography Show.
bizeliz

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:42 am

Hi! We will be coming down July 4th week this year - my husband has always wanted to see the Blue Angels perform so we've scheduled our vacation around that. We've got 9 people coming with us and I'm trying to decide if I will fly with my 4 year old and 10 month old. (9 hour drive on a good day without kids.)

We know its July 9th but what time of day does it typically start and how long does it last? That will be the last day of our vacation so I'm trying to figure out if we should stay another day (can't keep our rental more than a week so it would have to be at a hotel or something for one night)

Any info you can give me about seeing the show would be wonderful -- its been his dream to come for the July show for so many years and I'm not sure when we will be able to make it back in July again so I want to make sure he enjoys it! :)

We are staying in Navarre and just can't wait to be back!!
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 pm

They have a practice show on Thursday the 7th, and a dress rehearsal show on Friday the 8th. The beach is not as crowded and you will see the entire performance. We will be there again this year to see them. The show usually starts around 1:00, but you will be able to verify that later. If you have never seen them fly over the beach, you are in for a thrill! 8)
bizeliz

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 am

So if I see the dress rehearsal do I need to stay for the Saturday show?

I'm trying to work out what time we will leave on Saturday. How long does the airshow typically last?
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:59 am

The Thursday practice is just the Blue Angels, while the Friday rehearsal has other planes in addition to the Blue Angels, pretty much like the Saturday show. Of all the times we have seen them, we have never stayed for the Staurday show (crowds, typical Saturday rental check out, etc). You will see pretty much everything on Friday. The show usually lasts a couple of hours on Friday, and about an hour on Thursday. They also do a fly over at Pensacola beach when they arrive in town on Wednesday morning. I have some small video clips from last years Thursday practice that I will try to post later. 8)
bizeliz

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Thank you so much!!

Return to “Area Special Events”