13th annual Seagrass Awareness Celebration

Navarre Beach Fun Fest, Mardi Gras, Beaches to Rivers, and Navarre Beach Arts Festival. Surrounding area has many special events including the Blue Angels’ air shows in July and November and the Pensacola Power of Photography Show.
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:32 am

I have been meaning to post this again this year, Sat is suppose to be rainy, but come on out and give them some support.

Join local groups and organizations to protect water quality and coastal habitats! Join us for the 13th annual Seagrass Awareness Celebration.

Image[

The 13th Annual Seagrass Awareness Celebration, a free family event will be held at Shoreline Park South (across from the Recreation center on Shoreline Drive) in Gulf Breeze, Florida. The event will be held March 23, 2013 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.

This year, activities will include live marine life in touch tanks, “eat a seagrass bed,” make a shark tooth necklace, seining, games, fishing, marine creatures, arts and crafts, food, displays, explore a seagrass bed, boating safety, fishing, kayaking and more!

Bring your family and friends, water, sunscreen, hat, water shoes, lawn chairs and join us for a fun filled day!

March is Seagrass Awareness Month in Florida!

Seagrasses are a valuable part of the marine environment and support our local economy. Most commercial and recreationally important fish, crabs and shrimp spend some time of their lives in seagrass beds! Not only do these underwater grass beds help keep water clean, but they also provide food and shelter for young fish, shrimp and crabs. Endangered species, such as manatees and green sea turtles, depend on seagrass beds for food! Seagrasses, clean water and natural resources play a vital role in the economy of NW Florida. To ensure a healthy environment and economy for future generations, let’s work together to limit our impacts on our natural areas! Come to the Seagrass Awareness

UF/IFAS Santa Rosa County Sea Grant Extension
chrismv@ufl.edu
Office 850-623-3868
Cell 850-777-7884
[url=http://postimg.org/image/nkeh3wsnb/]Image
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:52 pm

I have a feeling that when we do end up spending more than half of the year in Navarre (not just a month or so "on and off" each year), this is the kind of thing my wife will want to go to - and take me along as well...

By coincidence, she is away this weekend on a program hosted by Texas Parks and Wildlife called "Becoming an outdoor woman", where they do all sorts of stuff (hunting, fishing, plant recognition/animal tracking, camping and outdoor survival skills to name a few of the classes offered) in a women only environment. I just looked online and found this for FL:

http://www.myfwc.com/BOW

But it doesn't look like too much runs in the Panhandle.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator

Return to “Area Special Events”