Navarre Pier Fishing Tips

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
tradenpaint

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello all,

Looking for some tips to put a couple on teenagers on some fish at the Navarre Pier and near pier in surf. Rigs, bait, lures, additional pier needs.

thanks
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:03 am

Welcome to the forums, tradenpaint ~
You might check out this topic for answers to your questions:
http://www.navarrebeachlife.com/forums/ ... um.php?f=4

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:37 am

The folks at Half-Hitch Tackle in Navarre (south side of 98 and across from the Winn-Dixie) or the Pier staff can set you up. Bubble Rig's, Gotcha's are your two "go to" lures. Be careful with the Gotcha's, they are very sharp and will literally get ya. It got me 4 years ago to the point of having to drive to the Emergency Clinic with it still in my thumb and get it cut out. However, it does a magnificent job on Spanish Mackerel in the same manner. Deeeelicious!!
Garrison

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 pm

My first Spanish was on a red/copper Gotcha! My son and I have had our best luck with the following:

1. King rigs with live bait caught off a sabiki (I buy these from a boat captain in Tampa who makes them out of piano wire and sells them on eBay)

2. Yo-Zuri 3D crystal minnow

3. Pyramid sinker rig with live or cut bait

To minimize downtime, we bring 6 rods with us and keep two of them set up with sabikis. Of the others, two are set up with 20# green fluoro/50# leaders and the others are 80# braid with wire leaders. I hate running wire but after several years of telling myself "I could've had him with a wire but I'd feel like I was cheating" I gave in lol.

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”