What I noticed two weeks ago

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:56 pm

As I was fishing the pier several days two weeks ago, I noticed a couple of things. Number one, I do not like what they have done to the inside of the store. Maybe it is simply, "the change" but when you have several people in there at the same time trying to pay, it can be a bit chaotic.

Number two, I did notice the guys coming out quite frequently on the four wheeler to check the garbage cans and remove garbage. I did do my fair share of picking up other people's messes though. I picked up yards of line, just lying on the deck. I picked up ziploc after ziploc and folks, if you are reading this and are a fisherman, please put these things in the garbage...deep in the can. These things have the very real potential to get wrapped around the wings and legs of turtles and birds. Not to mention turtles see these things as jellyfish and ingest them. Nothing good can come of that.
hooocker

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:14 pm

PensacolaKid wrote: I picked up ziploc after ziploc and folks, if you are reading this and are a fisherman, please put these things in the garbage...deep in the can. These things have the very real potential to get wrapped around the wings and legs of turtles and birds. Not to mention turtles see these things as jellyfish and ingest them. Nothing good can come of that.
I'm new to here. First, hello!
Second, this is what drives me crazy too. Take your garbage with you and protect the environment.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:32 am

We will forever be confronted by those arrogant, self-serving, lazy, "let it be someone else's problem", types of people. Be it in a movie theater on the beach, in a park or on a pier. My guess is, those people's homes and lives are much like the way they treat public locations. I don't have much use for them personally.

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”