Navarre Pier new Web Cam

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
GONEFISHING

Sat May 23, 2015 11:21 am

The Navarre Beach new web cam is great. You can see everyone on the pier and beach shots near the pier.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat May 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Sounds like that could be a good "behavior" monitor, as well! ;)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sat May 23, 2015 9:53 pm

GONEFISHING wrote:The Navarre Beach new web cam is great. You can see everyone on the pier and beach shots near the pier.
Seems like at night, they leave it pointing towards the beach. Lots of light from the condos and beach fishermen.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat May 30, 2015 8:25 am

Didn't see it anywhere else.
Link to Navarre Beach Pier webpage (on "ThePierLife.com"):
http://www.thepierlife.com/fishing-pier ... arre-pier/
And direct to the new Navarre pier webcam.
http://www.thepierlife.com/navarre-webcam/
(could really use image stabilization for the zoom shots of the end of the pier, and maybe clean the salt spray off the dome to the east?)

Now only need a "WeatherUnderground" Personal Weather Station with 24/7 internet connectin on Navarre Beach (there are several on Navarre mainland.
Example: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-we ... KFLNAVAR12
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Sat May 30, 2015 10:18 am

Pete wrote: (could really use image stabilization for the zoom shots of the end of the pier, and maybe clean the salt spray off the dome to the east?)
That's what happens when you mount it on a tall pole that waves about in the wind. Navarre Press had a few photos of the installation a couple of weeks back. I don't recall any installation of guy wires!!! Our Kenny knows how to do this kind of thing. Fix it to a BUILDING, not a wobbly pole.

Something else I have noticed is that it has a slightly lower frame rate than Kenny's camera does. This means the image jumps a little bit more than the 'zoom cam' does. This is probably a result of one of or both of two things;

1. A slightly lower frame rate comes from a lower cost unit that uses a little bit less of everything (or lower specification of component) in the construction or,

2. A lower speed connection from camera to router. I don't know how they are connecting it, probably by an Ethernet cable back to the office, but by limiting the speed of the cameras connection, they are likely to be more able to share the connection to the internet (isn't it Mediacom along there?) with more devices. As with everything, there is a balance to be struck there.

Whatever the result, its a useful addition to the Gulf's collection of cameras. I still prefer Kenny's zoom cam however....
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Sat May 30, 2015 10:34 am

AngelGirl wrote:Sounds like that could be a good "behavior" monitor, as well! ;)
I suspect that some of the dummies that do bad things are not going to be deterred by the camera.

:cry:

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”