1st Navarre Cobia

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
David
Power User
Power User

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:24 am

Yep!!!! First cobia was decked yesterday by Dalton Morrison. The 36 lbr was this youngster's 2nd year in a row catching the 1st Navarre cobia. He had hooked another last week but had a reel problem and got broke off.

This kid is quite the fisherman and has also had the largest pier king 3 of the last 5 years in the Destin Rodeo. Pretty darn good for someone not yet out of their teens, ugh? His younger brother has also had winning years in the Junior devision of the Rodeo.

I have watched this young man grow up on the pier, 1st fishing with his dad, and could not be prouder of him as a fisherman and well mannered young man. A big Congrats to ya Dalton!!!!!!!!

Spanish started showing up this last week, few and mostly undersized but yesterday limits were possible with a few up to about 15", should soon show in a size worth fishing for. Some pompano are being caught, again most under legal size to keep but some have been more than legal. Sheepshead, usually 1st to show in good size and # are crowding the pilings and coolers. Expect more cobia, bigger Spanish and Pomp's, Whitting and Kings should show soon. The Spring fishing should soon be in full swing.
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:08 am

Thanks for the post David! Great news!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks for the fishing and "what's up at the pier" update, David ... really enjoyed reading the post!

8)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”