Is the replenishment project adversely affecting fishing

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:33 am

Was wondering if anyone knows or has heard anything remotely related to the adverse effects, if any of the replenishment project on the fishing and specifically off the pier. Obviously fishing near the piping set up is a no-brainer but wondering. Anyone know anything? May be too early yet since it only started this morning.
David
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Pumping started between 8- - 9 am, according to drift or wind directions the pier may see some dingy water at times for the next few days but that will not last. After the last time of dredging I caught limits of spanish within minutes though some blamed dredging for lack of catching fish.

Having pompano for dinner tonight that slept in beach water close to pier last night and walked from pier with me long after pumping sand began, a positive thing, uh?
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:30 am

Thanks for the feedback David. Unfortunately, my scheduled fishing excursion in mid May has now been pushed back to latter June. Too much work and not enough workers. I will seek my oceanic prey at that point.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:41 am

PensacolaKid wrote:Thanks for the feedback David. Unfortunately, my scheduled fishing excursion in mid May has now been pushed back to latter June. Too much work and not enough workers. I will seek my oceanic prey at that point.
Sympathies. By then the renourishment project should be about over - at least the east half.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri May 06, 2016 8:38 am

We will meet then Pete!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat May 07, 2016 7:18 am

PensacolaKid wrote:We will meet then Pete!
:D :D :D
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
softbutchharley

Sat May 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Word is Spaniards...Sheeps.....Redfish and shark. Pomps as well, all subject to nature... Haven't fished the pier for a few weeks. I'll have to see for myself.
[center]The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Desmond Tutu[/center]

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”