Crab fishing off the pier?

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
jessie

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 pm

I was wondering if it was against the rules to bring a baitcage and use it to catch crabs from off of the pier?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:02 am

Jessie,

I do not recall seeing any restrictions against crabbing off the pier but I can tell you that you will have better luck over in the Sound. I have crabbed under the causeway and had great luck. I have also crabbed just walking the Sound beach. At night you can gig for Flounder back there too!
David
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 am

Jessie,

There are times on the pier that you could get dozens in a couple hours or less. We did that last year during what looked like a migration, We could see crabs by the hundreds, all headed in the same direction. People were putting traps on the beach as well. It lasted a couple of days.

If you can see a few on the bottom, drop a trap close to shore where it will not be in the way of fishermen. Leave it while you fish, then check before leaving.

I would not waste my time though if none are seen or none are eating fishermen's bait.
David
hooocker

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:44 am

I have seen people in the past doting that!

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”