Pier Cam

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
eyelovthebeach

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:13 pm

We miss the pier cam. Does anyone know why it has not worked since November 15th?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Pier cam? As far as I know, there isn't a pier cam affiliated with this site. Maybe you were looking at one on the Navarre Pier's website?

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:52 pm

I noticed the pier cam is not working, too. Maybe no one has told them. I don't know who handles that cam.
eyelovthebeach

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:47 pm

The pier cam offers us another way to keep up with the beach activities. We are grateful for all our beach cams and miss them when they are down. I know they are costly but are very much appreciated by many of us.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:14 am

Call the pier and let them know. I think the phone number is 850-936-1794 ... or perhaps one of our local residents can tell them while they stop by?

At least the picture it is stuck at is for a nice sunny day...
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 pm

I called the pier and told them the cam was stuck ... they were not aware of the prob. She's going to talk to Bob who maintains it and is there on a daily basis. So, we may be back in business soon. Okay, I've done my good deed for the day! :D
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:41 pm

EastBayBabe wrote:I called the pier and told them the cam was stuck ... they were not aware of the prob. She's going to talk to Bob who maintains it and is there on a daily basis. So, we may be back in business soon. Okay, I've done my good deed for the day! :D
Good job EBB.

:lol:
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Dale and I went out to the Pier this morning about 7:30 am. I asked Dorothy Sly’s son at the Pier Store did he know that their Pier Cam on their website had been down for over a week. He said he was aware of this, and that Bob Holderman who lives next door at Summerwinds manages the Pier Cam. He told me that Bob said that the problem stems from their account with Yahoo. I told him that the problem most likely was a problem with their hosting service provider and that a reset by the hosting service provider should correct the problem.

I’m sure that the Pier Cam problem will be corrected soon. Dorothy, her son, Bob, Miss Pat and all the employees at the Pier are good folks. They have made Navarre Beach and its Pier a better place to live and visit.

Please be advised that the Pier Cam is not hosted or viewable on the Navarre Beach Life website. I have no problem with you folks commenting about the Navarre Pier Cam on the NBL Forum. We are a small community and we all work together to share information about Navarre Beach. I do not view other Navarre Beach websites as competition. None of the Navarre Beach websites including NBL are what you would characterize as profit centers.

Navarre Beach Fishing Pier

Image© www.KennyWilder.com
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Bob must be working on it, because it's not working at all now. Stay tuned.
eyelovthebeach

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks to all who have helped toward getting the Pier Cam working. Thanks, Kenny, for a great community spirit. You are always there to help us in any way possible. You are just another reason eyelovthebeach!
Bob at Abaca Vacation Rentals manages our condo at Summerwind. I was not aware he manages the Pier Cam. Thanks for sharing.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 am

"Community Spirit" is part and parcel of what we love about Navarre Beach and with community members like Dale and Kenny who take responsibility and give from the abundance of their hearts to and for the sake of their home community, without expectation of reward, that's what it is ALL about!

Blessings,
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:00 am

Talked to Bob last night and he is working on getting pier cam back on line. Changing hosts or something.
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks, Dave. At least it stopped working on a nice sunny day. :D
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:12 am

Navarre Pier cam is up and running once again. All the pretty fish disappeared, tho.
Sandstomper

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Kenny, I'm sitting here watching the Georgia/Alabama game, what a nail biter, even though I don't have a dog in the fight, pun intended, since wife went to UGA for her Masters. AL is tough as nails.

Anyhow, was scrolling through the Forum and noticed your fantastic photo from the pier back to the beach. What a crystal clear, beautiful shot. I've taken many layman photos myself, but nothing that beautiful.

You should teach a photography class if you ever get the free time.
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”