Pier Cam

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
jennjeff1
Power User
Power User

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Kenny, as afollow-up to Sandstomper: how did you get everyone to clear off the pier to get a great clear shot without people in it? Looks great--and I'd like to be your first student! :)

~Jeff
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:42 pm

If I remember correctly, he took that picture before the pier was opened to the public.

jennjeff1
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:24 am

Thanks LTB--that makes sense! ;)

~Jeff
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 am

Kenny Wilder wrote:Dale and I went out to the Pier this morning about 7:30 am. I asked Dorothy Sly’s son at the Pier Store did he know that their Pier Cam on their website had been down for over a week. He said he was aware of this, and that Bob Holderman who lives next door at Summerwinds manages the Pier Cam. He told me that Bob said that the problem stems from their account with Yahoo. I told him that the problem most likely was a problem with their hosting service provider and that a reset by the hosting service provider should correct the problem.

I’m sure that the Pier Cam problem will be corrected soon. Dorothy, her son, Bob, Miss Pat and all the employees at the Pier are good folks. They have made Navarre Beach and its Pier a better place to live and visit.

Please be advised that the Pier Cam is not hosted or viewable on the Navarre Beach Life website. I have no problem with you folks commenting about the Navarre Pier Cam on the NBL Forum. We are a small community and we all work together to share information about Navarre Beach. I do not view other Navarre Beach websites as competition. None of the Navarre Beach websites including NBL are what you would characterize as profit centers.

Navarre Beach Fishing Pier

Image© www.KennyWilder.com
I shot this photo of the Pier on Friday, June 4, 2010 that was one day before the Pier's Grand Opening on Saturday, June 5, 2010. This photo and about 100 other photos were commissioned by the Pier construction contractor. The contractor wanted my photos prior to the Grand Opening the next day on Saturday. That Friday morning the entire Pier was pressure washed before I arrived so that the Pier would be shown at its very best.

I was the only person allowed on the Pier that Friday morning. I started shooting about 9:00 AM and quit about two hours later. Sometime soon I will add all the other Pier photos on my online gallery that I shot on this special day. It was my understanding that I was the only person allowed on the Pier that day. The contractor wanted the Pier to be in pristine shape prior to the next day’s Grand Opening. And it was a great Grand Opening the next day.

The World’s Most Beautiful Fishing Pier
Navarre Beach Pier Grand Opening
Saturday, June 4, 2004

Image© www.KennyWilder.com
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:22 pm

I can just imagine how peaceful and quiet it was on the pier that day!!

jennjeff1
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Great job Kenny and thanks for the update--that was about 6 months before we moved to Navarre!

It is a wonderful pier!

~Jeff (& Jenny)
Sandstomper

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 am

Kenny, I can't wait to see the online gallery of your other Pier photos. This one is just fantastic in it's sharpness and definition. (I'm sure there are photography specific words to use for the description, but I am a mere layman when it comes to such.)

Please give us a heads up once you post. It feels like you're actually standing on the Pier with this posting. Thanks!
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:22 am

Stomper - here's how it looked the big day of the grand opening:

http://www.pbase.com/kennywilder/navarr ... nd_opening

And from the first summer of operation ---you may recognize a few NB forumites, as well!
http://www.pbase.com/kennywilder/navarr ... shing_pier

(hint - the one who somewhat favors Tom Hanks is our very own P'Kid!) ;)

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”