Winning proposal to manage the Navarre Beach Pier

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:00 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:So, am I to understand that the recent folks who were rewarded the contract, do not really have the contract? Seems like a potential lawsuit?
There was already a lawsuit filed... Not too sure about its status now that they took this decision, but I suspect all this is a defensive move on the part of the "Dysfunctional Milton Krew" to avoid an embarrassing day or two in court. :?
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Navarrebeacher
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:30 am

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... =lAQFKozU-

New SRC RFP guidlines for NB Fishing Pier operations. Open to anyone who wants to run a great Fishing Pier and Ancillary operations. Bids must be submitted by 11-19-2013.
rexy

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Showed momma the requirments, she said no way, I will just sit and read my books as usual and enjoy the view.
Katharina94

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:15 am

Thanks for sharing.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Lets look forward now shall we?

Seen online:

http://www.epaperedition.com/Olive/ODE/ ... w=ZW50aXR5

NAVARRE BEACH — The new managers of the Navarre Beach fishing pier have big plans for the longest pier in Florida.

If anyone can't get the above link to work, let me know and I'll cut and paste the text for you.

Not too much we don't already know, but the dates and the mention of support for and inclusion of local businesses might have got overlooked in the fuss of the contract being awarded to someone other than Pier Inc.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Brian, the link worked ok for me. Here's the text from the link mentioned above:

New managers have big plans for fishing pier
By DUSTY RICKETTS

NAVARRE BEACH — The new managers of the Navarre Beach fishing pier have big plans for the longest pier in Florida.

TC’s Coastal Porch, a new company formed by the owners of TC’s Front Porch and Coastal Concessions, took over the pier contract Wednesday. Initially, TC’s will have the pier open only to anglers and walkers.

However, other features are expected to start up fairly quickly.

“We are going to have to be opening up in stages,” said Scott Rayner with TC’s. “Our main goal is to be 100 percent by Mardi Gras. That’s a really big weekend for us on Navarre Beach.”

The pier’s store — which will rent fishing rods and reels and sell souvenirs, bait, tackle, soft drinks and snacks — is expected to be open the first half of this month.

By February, Rayner said they expect to have the outdoor bar rebuilt and opened. That will be followed by the restaurant, which is expected to open by Feb. 15 and feature a streamlined version of TC’s Front Porch’s menu.

Rayner said they plan to offer kayak, surfboard and boogie board rentals by spring break and add bicycle rentals by summer.

“We’re trying to make the pier a destination,” Rayner said. “Instead of people coming to the beach and seeing there’s a pier, we want them to come for the pier. (We want to create) a friendly, family- oriented environment.”

One of TC’s goals is to support local businesses. The pier will sell local coffee, hot sauce, works by local artists and even locally made sunscreen.

Rayner said anyone with a local product, or even just a suggestion about the pier, can email TC’s at info@coastalconcessions.com .
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
RoBear

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:27 pm

AngelGirl wrote: (from Rusty Ricketts' article) Rayner said anyone with a local product, or even just a suggestion about the pier, can email TC’s at info@coastalconcessions.com .
Not for nuthin'....I've been to TC's. I wonder if they'd purchase a product called "customer service" in the new place. Lord knows they need it in the old one!

(I used to go there often. Used to. And I'm local. Now I tell folks to go to the sub place across the street. Those guys treat people a LOT better.)
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:52 am

Could not agree with you more RoBear! I will never go back until such time as I hear reports that their customer service is the very best on Navarre Beach and I darn sure will never go back if the owner's daughter is anywhere near me, with the intent on being my waitress. I gave them ample opportunity to turn the tide with me and they failed. Not to mention the last two Grouper Reuben's were horrible.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:58 am

RoBear wrote:
AngelGirl wrote: (from Rusty Ricketts' article) Rayner said anyone with a local product, or even just a suggestion about the pier, can email TC’s at info@coastalconcessions.com .
Not for nuthin'....I've been to TC's. I wonder if they'd purchase a product called "customer service" in the new place. Lord knows they need it in the old one!

(I used to go there often. Used to. And I'm local. Now I tell folks to go to the sub place across the street. Those guys treat people a LOT better.)
By offering a "local's perspective", you just might be doing them a huge favor. Perhaps that's just the kind of suggestion they want and need. As a former beach business owner (on a different beach), I know that I'd want to know that rather important little bit of information! :shock: Perhaps a mandatory "customer service" course might be in order for all staff and servers. It's an expense but not as expensive as trying to regain a damaged reputation!

8)
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:33 am

I don't know. We've been to TC's probably 3 times per year since it has been open. Occasionally (but not recently) the waitresses have been not overly friendly, but they were not surly or rude. And there was a very short period when the Grouper Reuben was not as good as it usually was (the fish itself). But the last few years it's been fine, at least for us. In fact, this past summer (in August), the waitress was very sweet, helpful and responsive, and the Grouper Reuben was EXCELLENT!

However, I will say if their customer service and food quality has that much variation, they certainly need to work on it in order to present a more consistent quality "product."
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:52 pm

gailjean wrote:I don't know. We've been to TC's probably 3 times per year since it has been open. Occasionally (but not recently) the waitresses have been not overly friendly, but they were not surly or rude. And there was a very short period when the Grouper Reuben was not as good as it usually was (the fish itself). But the last few years it's been fine, at least for us. In fact, this past summer (in August), the waitress was very sweet, helpful and responsive, and the Grouper Reuben was EXCELLENT!

However, I will say if their customer service and food quality has that much variation, they certainly need to work on it in order to present a more consistent quality "product."
You hit the nail on the head for any retail establishment: "CONSISTENCY" (hopefully, consistently GOOD!)
:wink:
AngelGirl

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”