MESSAGE FROM DOROTHY SLYE

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:33 pm

http://www.KennyWilder.com

MESSAGE FROM DOROTHY SLYE
Current Operator of the Navarre Beach Fishing Pier

Dear friends:

My brother and I have decided to submit a bid on the pier. It took a lot of soul searching to decide to do this but we believe that it is the right thing to do. God will take care of the rest. It is all in his hands.

Today I am asking for your help. If you think that we have done a good job or can attest to our character please send me an email to Dorothyslye@gmail.com. I would like to include your letters in my bid. Thanks in advance for your help.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:41 pm

URGENT

Please send Dorothy Slye an email TODAY to Dorothyslye@gmail.com that she has been a good Pier Operator and attest to her character. She has my confidence and support. I will be sending my email to Dorothy shortly. Let’s Roll!
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Sandstomper

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:13 am

Kenny, I just send my email of support to Dorothy and her team at Pier, Inc.

This is a brillant idea to reach out to The Forum, given the level of support she has here.

I hope that we can make a difference and contribute to her victory to continue as Pier Operator.
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:01 am

Can also e-mail comments to the entire SRCo-BoCC at: bocc@santarosa.fl.gov
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
rexy

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:43 am

Many false stories have circulated relating to Dorothy managing the pier, I want to put the lid one relating to the wedding, wifey and I were just turning from our daily walk to the end of the pier, their was ONE fisherman and us TWO, when a tall snottynosed young man of about 20 years walked to the ONE fisherman, and with an attitude told him to stop fishing and leave the pier as it was closed, the fisherman reacted by saying I thought this was a public pier, young man repeated it was closed and you must leave, my father is a very important man in these parts. We left the scene told Dan at at the office there might be problem at the end of the Pier. So that was the extent of it, so FOUR people were involved, Wifey and I, the lone fisherman and the snottynosed young man who thinks his Dad owns NWF.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:14 pm

rexy wrote:Many false stories have circulated relating to Dorothy managing the pier, I want to put the lid one relating to the wedding, wifey and I were just turning from our daily walk to the end of the pier, their was ONE fisherman and us TWO, when a tall snottynosed young man of about 20 years walked to the ONE fisherman, and with an attitude told him to stop fishing and leave the pier as it was closed, the fisherman reacted by saying I thought this was a public pier, young man repeated it was closed and you must leave, my father is a very important man in these parts. We left the scene told Dan at at the office there might be problem at the end of the Pier. So that was the extent of it, so FOUR people were involved, Wifey and I, the lone fisherman and the snottynosed young man who thinks his Dad owns NWF.
I have a few questions to ask you about your alleged encounter on the Pier:

1. When you left the Pier and stopped by the office and told Dan that there might be a problem at the end of the Pier, what was Dan’s response?
2. Can you provide an estimate of the date and time of your encounter?
3. Did you ask the young man his name and his father’s name?
4. Did you notice any other people being encouraged to leave the Pier other than you, your wife and the one fisherman?
5. Did you see people gathering that would indicate a wedding party on the Pier?
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Sandstomper

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 pm

David also had an experience that day which is worth the read. I don't believe that I have the right to speak for him in a repost, but hopefully, he will see this and provide his input again, which I found to be very enlightening, compared to the "published" accounts.
Sandstomper

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:29 pm

I was remiss in mentioning that the picture posted by on this thread shows one of my favorite icons from Navarre Beach, Ms. Pat! She is a no nonsense, straight shooter (and I would never profess to speak for her) but she has dedicated her heart and soul to that Pier AND that speaks volumes to me of the support for Pier, Inc.
rexy

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:24 pm

I replied to your questions Kenny but I have not seen them posted, did I forget to hit submit, an old trick of mine, I will try again tomorrow.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:24 am

Sandstomper wrote:David also had an experience that day which is worth the read. I don't believe that I have the right to speak for him in a repost, but hopefully, he will see this and provide his input again, which I found to be very enlightening, compared to the "published" accounts.
Here is a link to David's - repost of his original post (scroll down to 23 July 2013, 10:42 AM):

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8829

He would have to direct to the original thread on topic as date/time stamp was not included in his repost.

(Humm, the "preview" does not show the entire "http://...." adderess - so I hope link words - suspect it has to do with the "inner workings" of the website?)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
rexy

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:21 am

#1 Dan said he would look out. #2 About noon wedding day. #3 No. #4 No, 2 or 3 complied with his demands and moved back to the middle except ONE who objected strongly. #5 No, we were at the far end, on reaching the office area the girls were decorating for the reception.
Navarrebeacher
Power User
Power User

Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:20 am

I googled "Closing of Navarre fishing pier for a wedding ". Amazed at all the stuff that came up on this issue. Including the attached. :roll:
Attachments
Closing of Navarre Pier for wedding..jpg
Closing of Navarre Pier for wedding..jpg (66.1 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
rexy

Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:36 pm

We did not see the sign, but seems snottynosed knowall and his Dad jumped the gun by a few hours, I think if I had driven from lets say Atlanta, for a days fishing, paid my money to fish and told get off the pier, there is a chance I would be miffed.
David
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:42 am

Yep, Navarrebeacher, that search takes you to the Navarre Press site and comments made concerning it's articles.

Amazing how many people believe everything they read in a paper that has a history of being misleading, if not totally false. in much of it's , so called, reporting. Advantage is taken to editorialize on it's front pages rather under the heading of EDITORIALS. Ms Slye is not the only one that has suffered the wrapper's rage.

Note that the heading of the article implies the whole pier was closed which, as I have said before, it was not. Note, also, that the man that complained fished during the entire wedding and can be seen in pictures taken during same.

Not to say the sign wasn't there but I, also, did not see it. Others have told me they did not see it either. It is a chalk board that anyone with a rag and some chalk can take advantage of, if so desired, and at any time.

Some of the noise complaints suffered were supposed to have been witnessed by a recording played at a Commission meeting and said to have been made in a condo next door. Yet, the woman that made that recording was seen by impartial witnesses, one of which was a neighbor in the same building, recording while she stood at the pier's entrance.

I have trouble not questioning any complaints, especially those stated in the mullet wrapper, as fact. The wrapper's owner definitely has a ongoing vendetta and has enlisted others in the same child like game.

Speaking of children, where was the sign's photographer during the last Children's Fishing Day with over 400 kids who would have enjoyed and certainly deserved a few pictures and a report in the local paper? Where was the photographer while Ms Slye and her volunteers, including the seniors from the HbyTSea Fishing Club, rigged the rods/reels that the kids got to take home? Certainly there was opportunity, the rigging took most of the week! I suppose some positive mention of the Pier wouldn't fit the aim of the mullet wrapper's owner!
Does anyone really doubt the wrapper's agenda???
David
electriceddie

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Sent my e-mail today. Thanks for the info Kenny.

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”